The WorldRemit Wallet offers you a new way to securely send, receive or store money with WorldRemit. Here we answer a few questions you may have about storing money with the WorldRemit Wallet. If you’re interested in questions about sending, receiving or storing money with the WorldRemit Wallet you can jump to those FAQs sections through their links, or head to our general Wallet FAQ page here.
- How do I withdraw money from the WorldRemit Wallet?
- How long does it take to withdraw money from my WorldRemit Wallet?
- Do I need to register for the WorldRemit Wallet before I can withdraw funds?
- Does it cost anything to withdraw money to my WorldRemit Wallet?
- Can I withdraw money from any of my Currency Accounts in my WorldRemit Wallet?
How do I withdraw money from the WorldRemit Wallet?
It’s easy! Whenever you need to withdraw money from your Wallet, just use one of our pay-out networks. Depending on your region, money can be withdrawn to a local bank account, to a mobile money account or collected as cash from a cash pick-up location, and you can withdraw as much (or as little) of your total as you like. To withdraw funds:
- In the Wallet tab of the WorldRemit app, select one of the currency account tiles you’d like to withdraw money from
- Select Transfer
- Select Withdraw along with your preferred pay out option (ie how you want to receive that money). Options typically include collecting the funds as a cash pick-up, or transferring the money to your bank account or mobile money account).
- Select the amount you want to withdraw
- Select Withdraw now
We’ll send you an SMS as soon as the money has been delivered to your mobile money account, to your bank account, or is available for collection as cash.
How long does it take to withdraw money from my WorldRemit Wallet?
In most cases, when withdrawing money from the WorldRemit Wallet your money will be transferred instantly.
There are some transfers that can take longer depending upon how the money is being received. The expected delivery time will be displayed to you before you make a payment.
Broadly, the following timings apply for the money to be available:
Instant transfers are available to selected banks
Other timings can vary depending on;
Day of the week
Transaction creation time
Available to collect instantly
Instant or near instant
Do I need to register for the WorldRemit Wallet before I can withdraw funds?
Yes. To receive and withdraw any money from your WorldRemit Wallet first make sure you have completed the registration steps described in the 'How to get your WorldRemit Wallet' section here.
Does it cost anything to withdraw money to my WorldRemit Wallet?
Same currency withdrawals (eg debiting your Philippine Peso account and receiving the withdrawal in Philippine Peso) is completely free. If the withdrawal is cross currency (eg debiting your US Dollar currency account to receiving the withdrawal as a cash pickup in Philippine Peso) there will be a small FX charge. All costs are clearly displayed before you complete your withdrawal.
Can I withdraw money from any of my Currency Accounts in my WorldRemit Wallet?
Yes, you can withdraw money from any of your currency accounts in exactly the same way.