From Cartagena to Cali, WorldRemit has Colombia covered.
- The fast, simple way to send money to Colombia
- Industry-leading payment security
No fees on your first 3 money transfers. Use promo code 3FREE on each payment
Already a customer? Save $20 instead! Just refer your friends and you'll both get $20 off.
How to send money to Colombia online
1. How do you want to send? Choose between cash pickup, bank deposit, mobile money or airtime top up - there's more information on all of these below.
2. Who are you sending to?
Add the details of your recipient or choose from a list of people you’ve sent to in the past.
3. How do you want to pay? Choose how to pay, and we'll send confirmation to both you and your recipient by SMS and email when your money is sent and received.
There's more details on all of these options below, or visit our FAQ for more information on transferring money to Colombia.
Bank transfer to ColombiaWithin 24 hours
If you'd like to send your money via a bank transfer, the great news is that transfers to Bancolombia are credited the very same day.
Important: Please check that the person you're sending to in Colombia has enabled their bank account to be able to receive international bank deposits by activating Abono Automático. Please click here for more information about Abono Automático. Please note that you can only send to personal accounts.
If you'd like to send your money via a bank transfer to other banks, the great news is that you can now send to other major banks in Colombia and funds can be credited the very same day.
Important: Please note that our in-country partner may need to contact your recipient for your transaction to be processed due to Colombian Regulations.
Cash pickup in ColombiaInstant transfer
Cash is available to collect instantly from any branch of:
- Banco BBVA Colombia
- Financiera Pagos Internacionales and Super Giros
Recipients must quote their 8 or 11-digit reference number. They will also be required to show identification.
Please note: If you are sending to Banco Davivienda, sms may be delayed on weekends and holidays, but this does not affect availability of your transaction.
Airtime top up in ColombiaInstant top up
If you'd like to send your transfer via mobile airtime, it'll be added straight away to phones on:
- Uff Movil
- Virgin Mobile
What countries can you send money to Colombia from?
At WorldRemit, you can transfer money to Colombia online from more than 145 countries around the world. You can send money to Colombia from the US, the UK and more. Some of our most popular transfer routes include:
- UK to Colombia – Transfer money to Colombia from the UK and receive bank-beating exchange rates on sterling (GBP) to Colombian pesos.
- Australia to Colombia – Send Australian dollars (AUD) to Colombia online using any device.
- Canada to Colombia – Choose the best way to send Canadian dollars (CAD) to Colombia from our range of transfer options.
- US to Colombia – Send money to Colombia from the US and receive low fees.
How much Colombian currency can you send?
How much you can send to Colombia online depends on the country you are sending your money from, as well as the transfer and payment type you choose. For example, the most Colombian pesos you can send for cash pickup is COP 4,400,000 or COP 1,400,000 for BBVA Colombia.
To check how much you can send, just head to the blue 'Send to' calculator on this page. Add in your chosen transfer type and amount you'd like to send and a pop up will appear if it's too much money.