From La Guajira to El Amazonas, WorldRemit has Colombia covered.
- The fast, simple way to send money to friends and family
- Industry-leading payment security
- Use on a computer, smartphone or tablet
Bank transferSame day
Transfers to Bancolombia are credited the same day.
Important: Please check that the person you’re sending to in Colombia has enabled their bank account to be able to receive international bank deposits by activating Abono Automático. Please click here for more information about Abono Automático. Please note that you can only send to personal accounts.
Cash pickupInstant transfer
- Cash is available to collect instantly from any branch of:
Bancolombia, Davivienda, Banco BBVA Colombia and Financiera Pagos Internacionales.
- Recipients must quote their 11-digit reference number when collecting money.
- They will also be required to show identification.
- The maximum you can send per transaction is USD 1,500 equivalent (USD 500 equivalent for BBVA Colombia).
Airtime top upInstant top up
Mobile airtime is added instantly to phones on Movistar, Tigo, Uff Movil, Claro and Virgin Mobile.
How it works
1. Choose the best way to send money to Colombia
- Make a bank deposit that’ll be paid directly into your recipient’s bank account
- Make a cash pickup transfer, with cash available for instant pickup from bank branches
- Top-up your recipient’s airtime so they can make calls, send texts and use data
You’ll see our low fees and exchange rate upfront.
2. Enter your recipient’s details
Choose from a list of people you’ve sent money to before or add a new recipient.
3. Pay for the transfer online
You can choose to pay for the transfer by debit or credit card and you and your recipient will receive notifications by SMS and email once the money has been sent and received.
What countries can you send money to Colombia from?
At WorldRemit, you can send money to Colombia from more than 145 countries around the world. That means, wherever you are, our simple service is likely to be available to you. Some of our most popular transfer routes include sending money to Colombia from the USA, the UK, Australia and Canada.
How much Colombian currency can you send?
The maximum amount of money you can send to Colombia depends on the country you are sending your money from and the transfer and payment type. For example, the maximum amount of Colombian pesos you can send for cash pickup is COP 4,400,000 or COP 1,400,000 for BBVA Colombia.
To check how much you can send for other transfer types, simply enter the amount you’d like to send and we’ll tell you whether it’s allowed.