A cash pickup transfer is a payment made by WorldRemit to your recipient that can be collected as cash.
- What is a cash pickup transfer?
- How could COVID-19 affect my transfer?
- When will funds be ready for collection?
- What does my recipient need to collect a cash pickup transfer?
- Will my recipient be charged when collecting cash?
- Why is my recipient having problems collecting the cash pickup transfer?
- Which countries can I send money as cash pickup transfer?
What is a cash pickup transfer?
Cash pickup transfer is a payment that your recipient can collect as physical cash from a supported location within WorldRemit's local partner network.
How could COVID-19 affect my transfer?
COVID-19 has seen large scale closures of non-essential industries and restrictions on movement. This is having an impact on the locations open for recipients to collect cash.
For the latest COVID-19 news from WorldRemit please check our information page.
For this reason we are recommending, where possible, for our customers to use one of our other delivery methods:
If another delivery method does not meet your requirements, please note that predicted timescales may be exceeded and in some cases it may not be possible to send your money to your intended recipient.
When will funds be ready for collection?
Funds are usually available to collect instantly. In some instances, however we may require additional information from you for your transaction to be processed.
What does my recipient need to collect a cash pickup transfer?
To collect a cash pickup transfer, your recipient will need:
- Valid photo ID that shows their full name. This must match the details supplied on the transaction. It is therefore important that the information entered on the transaction matches your recipient’s ID so please check this is accurate before sending.
- The transaction reference. This will have been sent to your recipient by SMS once the payment is available for collection. It is therefore important that the phone number for your recipient is accurate before creating your transaction. Alternatively, you can share this reference with your recipient when the pick-up is ready for collection, via your online account. Just log into your account, navigate to the Transfer Status page and find the Share option.
Will my recipient be charged when collecting cash?
Your recipient will not be charged by WorldRemit or any partner in our network when collecting money as cash.
If you choose to make a mobile money transfer and your recipient visits a third party to withdraw the mobile money funds they may be charged a fee. This is discretionary and charged by the third party, not WorldRemit.
Why is my recipient having problems collecting the cash pickup transfer?
If your recipient is having difficulty collecting their cash pickup transfer, please ensure:
- They have a valid form of ID
- They have the transaction reference, sent via SMS by WorldRemit, or sharable by Sender via their online account (web/app)
- They are at the correct cash pickup transfer location/branch
If your recipient is still experiencing issues, and you need to update the details you submitted, please check the transfer status page in the app or website where you may be able to change this information. If you're still having issues, please contact us.
Please be aware that Zimbabwe is currently experiencing a coin shortage. To ensure that your recipient does not encounter problems with their cash pickup, we recommend sending transfers as rounded amounts.
Which countries can I send money as cash pickup transfer?
Please select the region your recipient lives in to see if cash pickup transfer is an available service there.