A cash pickup transfer is a payment made by WorldRemit to your recipient that can be collected as cash.
- What is a cash pickup transfer?
- When will funds be ready for collection?
- What does my recipient need to collect a cash pickup transfer?
- Will my recipient be charged when collecting cash?
- Why is my recipient having problems collecting the cash pickup transfer?
- Which countries can I send money as cash pickup transfer?
What is a cash pickup transfer?
Cash pickup transfer is a payment that your recipient can collect as physical cash from a supported location within WorldRemit's local partner network.
When will funds be ready for collection?
Funds are usually available to collect instantly. In some instances, however we may require additional information from you for your transaction to be processed.
What does my recipient need to collect a cash pickup transfer?
To collect a cash pickup transfer, your recipient will need:
- Valid photo ID that shows their full name. This must match the details supplied on the transaction. It is therefore important that the information entered on the transaction matches your recipient’s ID so please check this is accurate before sending.
- The transaction reference number. This will have been sent to your recipient by SMS once the payment is available for collection. It is therefore important that the phone number for your recipient is accurate before creating your transaction.
Will my recipient be charged when collecting cash?
Your recipient will not be charged by WorldRemit or any partner in our network when collecting money as cash.
If you choose to make a mobile money transfer and your recipient visits a third party to withdraw the mobile money funds they may be charged a fee. This is discretionary and charged by the third party, not WorldRemit.
Why is my recipient having problems collecting the cash pickup transfer?
If your recipient is having difficulty collecting their cash pickup transfer, please ensure:
- They have a valid form of ID
- They have the transaction reference number, sent via SMS by WorldRemit
- They are at the correct cash pickup transfer location/branch
If your recipient is still experiencing issues, and you need to update the details you submitted, please check the transfer status page in the app or website where you may be able to change this information. If you're still having issues, please contact WorldRemit's customer service department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Which countries can I send money as cash pickup transfer?
Please select the region your recipient lives in to see if cash pickup transfer is an available service there.