A cash pickup is a payment made by WorldRemit to your recipient that can be collected as cash.
- What is a cash pickup?
- When will funds be ready for collection?
- What does my recipient need to collect funds?
- Will my recipient be charged when collecting cash?
- My recipient is having problems collecting funds as cash
- Which countries can I send money as cash pickup?
What is a cash pickup?
Cash pickup is a transfer that your recipient can collect as physical cash from a supported location within WorldRemit's local partner network.
When will funds be ready for collection?
Funds are usually available to collect instantly. In some instances, however we may require additional information from you for the transaction to go through.
What does my recipient need to collect funds?
To collect a cash pickup, your recipient will need:
- Valid photo ID that shows their full name. This must match the details supplied on the transaction. It is therefore important that the information entered on the transaction is correct so please check with your recipient before sending.
- The transaction reference number. This will have been sent to your recipient by SMS. It is therefore important that the phone number for your recipient is correct before sending.
Will my recipient be charged when collecting cash?
Your recipient will not be charged by WorldRemit or any partner in our network when collecting money as cash.
If you choose to make a Mobile Money transfer and your recipient visits a third party to withdraw the Mobile Money funds they may be charged a fee. This is discretionary and charged by the third party, not WorldRemit.
My recipient is having problems collecting funds as cash
If your recipient is having difficulty collecting their cash pickup, please check:
- They have a valid form of ID
- They have the transaction collection ID, sent via SMS by WorldRemit
- They are at the correct cash pickup location/branch
If your recipient is still experiencing issues, please contact WorldRemit's customer service department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Which countries can I send money as cash pickup?
Please select the region your recipient lives in to see if Cash Pickup is an option there.