Here’s the proof
Trustpilot rates WorldRemit as excellent
My transactions were easy and quick. Am really chuffed that the money goes into the reciever’s bank account and within minutes. Excellent service will definitely recommend.
Canada - Lucy Kennedy - 27th Mar 2018
All I can say is WorldRemit is the best way to send money around the world, because they are going to help you through any issues with sending and receiving money from around the world.
United States - George Osei Kuffour - 26th Mar 2018
I made a good choice using WorldRemit. I find WorldRemit to be a company with integrity and dependable staff. I'm very pleased with them and would recommend them and will use them in the future. Thank you to the team at WorldRemit, you guys are great.
United States - Micheline Mandel - 26th Mar 2018
WorldRemit is the best way to send money to your family and friends very fast.
Italy - Rufus Idemendia - 26th Mar 2018
Excellent service, well done I am more than happy 🙂. Please continue your hard work. I will strongly recommend this to anyone.
United States - Abdikarim Yusuf - 23rd Mar 2018
Very fast and efficient way to send money. I love it because I don't have to worry about the person not receiving the money. They call right away to let me know they have received the money.
United States - Alcon Andah - 23rd March 2018
It is so quick and so very easy. Five stars all the way. Thank you WorldRemit. 😊👍
New Zealand - Shirley Hoskin - 22nd March 2018
Thank You WorldRemit. This is the most convenient way of sending money to family and friends. WorldRemit makes the world smaller indeed. Thank you.
United Kingdom - Sue Lumumba - 21st Mar 2018
WorldRemit is the most reliable and has the best service.
Sweden - John Miana Jr - 20th March 2018
Forget Western Union. This service is second to none - quick , professional and cost-effective.
United Kingdom - Peter Murray - 20th Mar 2018
Love the back up service any questions they ring u back. just so impressed with the service world remit keep u informed of your transaction right through 2 pick up and the help line is wonderful cant recommend WorldRemit enough.
Australia - Rodney Tutungi - 20th Feb 2014
Excellent service and I had a conversation with a girl called jennie, she was amazing and am very satisfied with the service. Thank you.
New Zealand - Veeramanikandan Murugesan
Was excellent, better than Western Union for sure rates and services. Thank you.
United States - Dennis Garrett
Amazing. Very Fast and Secure.
Canada - Dhruval Shah
First time using WorldRemit to send money, I could said its perfect. Service quick and professional
Italy - Sarah Louis Oliver Cliven
Excellent service. Money gets delivered to the destination account straight away, no delay at all, not even during the weekend. I am extremely impressed.
United Kingdom - Daniel Rotimi - 27th Mar 2018
Very good service with no problems. This is the first time I have used your service and I am very pleased with the outcome. It was very easy to follow. Thank you.
United Kingdom - Mr W G Harris
I think the service was brilliant, I found it easy, quick, and surprised how fast it was 2 deal with my transfer. Well done WorldRemit.
United Kingdom - Shaun Wilkes
A top gold service, very high standard. I was happy with my order and recommend to my friends, family or anybody. I would describe their work with a 5 stars. Excellent job.
United Kingdom - Krisztina Farkas
This is probably the best money transfer app ever.
United States - Jeffrey Dadzie
Excellent service - Efficient, competitive rates, smooth operation and very streamlined to establish and register with them. How easy in just to do it from any device; this is my first time online for funds transmitted to Samoa and I've been shopping around and checking on reviews for a trustworthy service; hoping they maintain its outstanding performance. DEFINITELY!!! would recommend WorldRemit to anyone.
Australia - Rosafuamatala Leo
Cheap and fast way to send money to Malawi. I highly recommend it.
Norway - Grenna Kaiya
Thanks Worldremit It was convenient with lower rates than some of its competitors. The lists of affiliated banks was excellent. Thank you for your service.
United States - Dawn A Wellman
I’m so happy for the service that WorldRemit provide. I paid for the service yesterday night and receive the money today! Even faster than the standard time.
United States - Ivves Hermosilla
From Bawku to Takoradi, WorldRemit has Ghana covered.
- Send money straight away to MTN Mobile Money accounts in Ghana
- Enjoy instant cash pickups and fast bank deposits in partnership with UnityLink
- Safe transfers using secure TRUSTe payment technology
How to send money to Ghana
1. How do you want to send? Choose between cash pickup, bank deposit, mobile money or airtime top up - there's more information on all of these below.
2. Who are you sending to? Add the details of your recipient or choose from a list of people you’ve sent to in the past.
3. How are you paying? Choose how to pay, and we'll send confirmation to both you and your recipient by SMS and email when your money is sent and received.
We're always looking to save you money - have a look at our comparison page to see how much you could save.
When it comes to sending money online, you’ve got a few options to choose from. We’ve outlined these below for you, and you can also head to our FAQ for more detail.
Bank transfer to Ghana1-2 working days
If you’d like to send your money directly to a bank account, great news! In partnership with UnityLink, our transfers arrive within 2 working days to all major banks which include the following as well as many more. For a full list please see our FAQs here
- Agricultural Development Bank
- Barclays Bank
- Fidelity Bank
- Ghana Commercial Bank
- Golden Link Financial Services
- Guaranty Trust Bank
- The Royal Bank
Cash pickup in GhanaInstant transfer
WorldRemit in partnership with UnityLink
If you'd prefer to send your transfer as cash, it's available to collect in Ghana straight away from any branch of:
- Agricultural Development Bank
- ARB Apex Bank
- Fidelity Bank Ghana
- First Atlantic Bank
- GCB Bank Ltd
- GN Bank
- Global Access Savings & Loans
- Golden Link
- Republic Bank (Formerly HFC Bank)
- The Royal Bank
- Universal Merchant Bank
- Zenith Bank
Mobile money to GhanaInstant transfer
Money is added straight away to MTN Mobile Money and Airtel Money accounts in Ghana.
All you need to do is:
- Check that your recipient already has a MTN Mobile Money or Airtel Money account
- Make a note of their MTN Mobile Money or Airtel Money account number ready for your transfer
Airtime top up in GhanaInstant top up
Mobile airtime is added straight away to phones on Airtel, MTN, Tigo, Vodafone, Expresso and Glo.
What limits apply when you send money to Ghana?
The maximum limit for a money transfer to Ghana depends on the country you’re in, the transfer type you choose and how you want to pay. It’s often the case that card payments have different limits to transfers made directly from your bank account.
To check the limit for your money transfer to Ghana, just add the amount you'd like to transfer into our ‘Send to’ calculator and we'll let you know straight away.
Popular payment routes
You can send money to Ghana from more than 50 countries around the world with us. We offer low fees and bank-beating exchange rates on all international money transfers to Ghana to put more money in your recipient’s pocket.
You can send money to Ghana from the UK, the US and many more. Our most popular transfer routes include:
- Australia to Ghana – Whether it’s a money transfer or an airtime top up, we make it easy for people in Australia to keep in touch and support their friends and family in Ghana.
- UK to Ghana – It's never been quicker or easier to send money to Ghana from the UK thanks to WorldRemit.
- Canada to Ghana – If you have friends and family in Ghana then you can make sure they have the funds they need in a safe, convenient way.
- America to Ghana – One of our most popular routes, we offer excellent rates when exchanging your US dollar to Ghanaian cedi to make your money go further.
How long will it take for the Ghanaian cedis to arrive?
When you send money to Ghana, it usually arrives within minutes! But don't forget: this will depend on how you made your transfer:
- Bank deposits to Ghana – Instant transfers are available but this depends on your recipient’s bank
- Cash pick-ups – Your recipient will be able to pick up the money from their bank straight away
- Airtime top ups – These will be made immediately*
- Mobile money – These will be made immediately*
*There may be small delays if there’s congestion on the local Ghanaian network.