How much does it cost to send money to Ghana with WorldRemit?
WorldRemit is a low-cost way to send money and make payments in Ghana. We’re consistently cheaper than high-street money transfer companies, banks and other online money transfer providers. You pay a single fee for each transfer, that we’ll show upfront. This can vary depending on the amount you’re sending and the payout method. There are no other fees for you or your recipient to pay.
What exchange rate will you receive on your money transfer to Ghana?
We offer very competitive exchange rates on all money transfers to Ghana, regardless of the transfer method. We show you the exchange rate you’ll receive upfront and the rate is guaranteed so you’ll know exactly how much money will reach your recipient.
How much money can I send through WorldRemit to Ghana?
Our transfer limits vary depending on the transfer type, the payment method and the country you’re sending from. However, as a guide, the following limits apply:
- Bank transfer – GBP 6,000 (or equivalent) per transfer and per day
- Cash pickup – GHS 32,000 per transfer and per day
- Airtime top up - You’ll be presented with a range of top up amounts for phones on the Airtel, Tigo, MTN, Vodafone, Expresso and Glo networks when you enter a valid mobile number.
- Mobile money
- MTN Ghana – GHS 2,400 per transfer
- Airtel Ghana – GHS 2,000 per transfer
- WorldRemit Wallet – A maximum of USD 2,000 can be held in a WorldRemit Wallet. That’s calculated by adding up all the money held in the wallet across one or more currencies.