From Bawku to Takoradi, WorldRemit has Ghana covered.
- Send money instantly to MTN Mobile Money accounts
- Enjoy instant cash pickups and fast bank deposits in partnership with UnityLink
- Safe transfers using secure TRUSTe payment technology
How to send money to Ghana
1. Choose how you want to send: select cash pickup, mobile money, bank deposit or airtime top-up, and enter the amount you want to send. You'll see our low fees and exchange rate up front.
2. Enter your recipient's details: choose from a list of people you’ve sent to in the past, or add a new recipient.
3. Pay for the transfer: both you and the recipient will get notifications by SMS and email when the money is sent and received.
We're always looking to save you money - have a look at our comparison page to see how much you could save.
Bank deposit1-2 working days
Transfer to major banks within 2 working days in partnership with UnityLink, including the following banks: Agricultural Development Bank, Fidelity Bank, Ghana Commercial Bank, Golden Link Financial Services, The Royal Bank.
Cash pickupInstant transfer
WorldRemit in partnership with UnityLink.
Cash is available to collect instantly from any branch of:
- Agricultural Development Bank
- ARB Apex Bank
- Fidelity Bank Ghana
- First Atlantic Bank
- GCB Bank Ltd
- GN Bank
- Global Access Savings & Loans
- Golden Link
- HFC Bank
- The Royal Bank
- Universal Merchant Bank
- Zenith Bank
Mobile MoneyInstant transfer
Money is added instantly to MTN Mobile Money and Airtel Money accounts.
- Please check that the recipient already has a MTN Mobile Money or Airtel Money account.
- You will need the recipient's MTN Mobile Money or Airtel Money account number
Airtime top-upInstant top-up
Mobile airtime is added instantly to phones on Airtel, MTN, Tigo, Vodafone, Expresso, and Glo.
Popular payment routes
At WorldRemit, you can send money to Ghana from over 140 countries around the world. Some of our most popular payment routes include:
- Australia to Ghana – Whether it’s a money transfer or an airtime top-up, we make it easy for people in Australia to keep in touch and support their friends and family in Ghana.
- The UK to Ghana – It has never been quicker or easier to send money to Ghana from the UK thanks to WorldRemit.
- Canada to Ghana – If you have friends and family living or holidaying in Ghana then you can make sure they have the funds they need in a safe, convenient way.
- America to Ghana – One of our most popular routes, we offer excellent rates when exchanging your US dollar to Ghanaian cedi to make your money go further.
How many Ghanaian cedis can you send?
When you want to send money to Ghana, the maximum amount you can send depends on the country you are in. That’s because each country has its own rules relating to money transfers.
The maximum money transfer to Ghana also varies depending on how you want to pay. It’s often the case that card payments have different limits to payments made from your bank account.
To check the limit for your money transfer to Ghana, simply enter the amount you would like to send into our ‘Send To’ calculator. You’ll then be told whether it exceeds the limit.
How long will it take for the Ghanaian cedis to arrive?
Much of the time, when you send money to Ghana it will arrive immediately. However, some transfers can take longer depending on how the transfer is made. The following is a guide for each transfer type:
- Bank deposits to Ghana – Instant transfers are available but this may differ depending on the recipient’s bank
- Cash pick-ups – The recipient will be able to pick up the money from their bank immediately
- Airtime top-ups – Will be made immediately*
- Mobile money – Will be made immediately*
*There may be small delays if there’s congestion on the local Ghanaian network.