The WorldRemit Wallet offers you a new way to securely send, receive or store money with WorldRemit. Here we answer a few questions you may have about sending money using the WorldRemit Wallet. If you’re interested in questions about receiving, storing or withdrawing money with the WorldRemit Wallet you can jump to those FAQs sections through their links, or head to our general Wallet FAQ page here.
- What are the benefits of sending money with the WorldRemit Wallet?
- How do I send money from my WorldRemit Wallet?
- Where can I send money to using my WorldRemit Wallet?
- How long does it take to send money from my WorldRemit Wallet?
- Which Currency Account will be debited when sending money from my WorldRemit Wallet?
- How much does it cost to send money from my WorldRemit Wallet?
- How much can I send from the WorldRemit Wallet?
What are the benefits of sending money with the WorldRemit Wallet?
The WorldRemit Wallet offers a number of great benefits for those who want to send money from their Wallet. They include:
- The ability to send money to people locally or to over 150 countries around the world
- A multi-currency Wallet, where you can choose what currency you would like to send money from
- Same currency local payments (within your country) being free of charge
- Many payment-types being received by your recipient near-instantly – eg WorldRemit Wallet to WorldRemit transfers
- A safe, secure and convenient account to send money from, available as a smartphone app
How do I send money from my WorldRemit Wallet?
If you want to send money from your WorldRemit Wallet to someone else, it takes just a few taps:
- In the Wallet tab of the WorldRemit app select one of the currency account tiles you’d like to send money from
- Select ‘Transfer’
- Select a new or existing recipient in either your country or another country
- Enter the amount you want to send – if applicable, our low fees and exchange rate will be clearly shown
- Select the preferred way to pay them (i.e. how you want your recipient to receive that money. Options typically include letting them collect the funds as a cash pick-up, or crediting money to their bank account or mobile money account)
- Select Pay now for your transfer. We’ll send you a confirmation email and both you and the person you’re sending to will get updates by SMS from us
Where can I send money to using my WorldRemit Wallet?
With the WorldRemit Wallet you can:
- Send money to other people in your country so they can receive money using a WorldRemit Wallet. They don't even need a Wallet for you to create your payment - as long as they have a smartphone, they can open their Wallet after to receive your payment. Wallet to Wallet payments are process instantly and are a secure and convenient way to send and receive money.
- Send money to other people by making use of our local payout network. This means funds can be transferred into someone’s bank account, a mobile money account, or collected as a cash pickup depending on the specific payout country. To see the payout options in your country, see here.
- Withdraw money to yourself using the same payout network. Withdrawals are usually processed near instantly but can vary depending on our partners.
- For Wallet users in Somaliland, you can even send payments internationally using your Wallet.
How long does it take to send money from my WorldRemit Wallet?
In most cases, transfers sent from the WorldRemit Wallet arrive instantly.
There are some transfers that can take longer depending upon how the money is being received. The expected delivery time will be displayed to you before you make a payment.
Broadly, the following timings apply for the money to be available to the recipient:
Instant transfers are available to selected banks
Other timings can vary depending on;
Day of the week
Transaction creation time
Available to collect instantly
Instant or near instant
Instant or near instant
24 hours – 7 days depending on location
Which Currency Account will be debited when sending money from my WorldRemit Wallet?
When sending money from the WorldRemit Wallet, you’ll first select one of your Currency Accounts by selecting one of the currency accounts tiles in the carousel. When you select ‘Transfer’ on that particular Currency Account, that’ll be the account you’ll be debiting when sending money from your WorldRemit Wallet.
How much does it cost to send money from my WorldRemit Wallet?
It’s completely free to:
- Download the WorldRemit app
- Hold funds in your WorldRemit Wallet
- Receive money to your WorldRemit Wallet
- Send money within your region, where the send currency and the receive currency are the same (eg sending US for your recipient to receive US Dollars)
- Withdraw money to yourself, where the send currency and the receive currency are the same (eg sending US for your recipient to receive US Dollars)
When sending money to another country, or when making a local payment which involves two currencies (eg sending US Dollars but your recipient receiving Philippine Peso) our low fees and/or exchange rate will be clearly shown before sending any money.
How much can I send from the WorldRemit Wallet?
The maximum amount of money you can send depends upon where you live. This is because different countries have different rules relating to money transfers.
This can also vary depending on how you pay for the transfer.