Make quick money transfers to the following mobile money accounts. All accounts must be registered and active:
Transfers are made instantly to Tigo Pesa mobile money accounts. Please ensure the account of the person you’re sending the money to is active.
Your recipient will receive the money within one working day. Both you and your recipient will receive SMS notification once the transfer is complete.
Money is credited to Vodacom M-Pesa mobile money accounts in Tanzania in one working day. We may sometimes email you for further
What is a mobile money transfer to Tanzania?
Sending money directly to the mobile phones of friends and family living, working or travelling in Tanzania is one of the easiest ways to help support them financially. The transfer is made quickly, either instantly or on the next working day. Your recipient will be able to transfer the money, spend it in stores or withdraw cash through a local agent.
How do you send mobile money to Tanzania?
You can send mobile money to Tanzania from more than 145 countries around the world using any device. All you need to do is:
- Select ‘Mobile Money Transfer’ from the service options in the ‘Send to’ box on this page
- Choose to pay the money into Tigo Pesa or Ezy Pesa and M-Pesa mobile money accounts
- Enter the amount you’d like to send
- We show you the low fees that apply and the amount of Tanzanian shillings (TZS) your recipient will receive
- Choose how you want to pay
- Both you and your recipient will receive an SMS notification once the transfer is complete