FAQs about withdrawing money from the WorldRemit Wallet
The WorldRemit Wallet offers you a new way to securely send, receive or store money with WorldRemit. Here we answer a few questions you may have about storing money with the WorldRemit Wallet. If you’re interested in questions about sending, receiving or storing money with the WorldRemit Wallet you can jump to those FAQs sections through their links, or head to our general Wallet FAQ page here.
How do I withdraw money from WorldRemit Wallet?
You can withdraw money from your WorldRemit Wallet by using the WorldRemit pay-out network at any time. Withdrawing money from your WorldRemit Wallet is free.
- Select the ‘Transfer’ button below your balance and choose to withdraw using your preferred pay-out option (e.g. options typically include cash pickup, bank transfer or mobile money transfers etc).
- Select the amount you want to withdraw. If the withdrawal is offered in a different currency to your wallet balance, you will see the amount you are going to withdraw in both currencies. For example, if your wallet balance is in USD, but the pay-out option which you have chosen (e.g. cash pickup) is in a local currency, then the amount you are withdrawing will be shown in both currencies.
- Fill in any remaining information required to complete the withdrawal and press “confirm” (e.g. if you have chosen to transfer your local mobile money account, then you will need to enter your mobile money account details so we can complete the transfer for you).
- You will be notified by email and SMS as soon as the money has been delivered into your mobile money account or bank account or is when it is available for collection as cash. A record of the money transfer will appear in your Wallet transaction history list.
How long does it take to withdraw money from my WorldRemit Wallet?
In most cases, when withdrawing money from the WorldRemit Wallet your money will be transferred instantly.
There are some transfers that can take longer depending upon how the money is being received. The expected delivery time will be displayed to you before you make a payment.
Broadly, the following timings apply for the money to be available:
Bank Transfer: Instant transfers are available to selected banks. Other timings can vary depending on:
- The bank
- Day of the week
- Transaction creation time
Cash Pickup: Available to collect instantly
Mobile Money: Instant or near instant
Do I need to register for the WorldRemit Wallet before I can withdraw funds?
Yes. To receive and withdraw any money from your WorldRemit Wallet first make sure you have completed the registration steps described in the 'How to get your WorldRemit Wallet' section here.
Does it cost anything to withdraw money to my WorldRemit Wallet?
Same currency withdrawals (eg debiting your Philippine Peso account and receiving the withdrawal in Philippine Peso) is completely free. If the withdrawal is cross currency (eg debiting your US Dollar currency account to receiving the withdrawal as a cash pickup in Philippine Peso) there will be a small FX charge. All costs are clearly displayed before you complete your withdrawal.
Can I withdraw money from any of my Currency Accounts in my WorldRemit Wallet?
Yes, you can withdraw money from any of your currency accounts in exactly the same way.