Please click on any of the following links to find out more about sending money using Bank Account Transfer:
- Can I pay by bank account transfer in my send country?
- How much can I send when paying by bank account transfer?
- Why was my bank account transfer declined?
- Are there any extra fees for paying by bank account transfer?
- Can I pay using someone else’s bank account transfer?
- How long does a bank account transfer refund take?
- How do I pay for my transfer from bank account in United Kingdom
Can I pay by bank account transfer in my send country?
You can pay for your WorldRemit transaction by bank account transfer from:
For more information on what other payment methods are available in your send country, please select your country from the list above.
How much can I send when paying by bank account transfer?
For more information on how much you can send from your send country, please select your region from the list below.
Why was my bank account transfer declined?
If your bank account transfer declines, the best thing to do is to contact your bank’s payments or authorisation department who will be able to give you more information.
It is unlikely WorldRemit will be able to tell you the reason for a declined bank account transfer payment so it is always best to go straight to your provider for this information.
Are there any extra fees for paying by bank account transfer?
When paying by bank account transfer there are usually no extra fees other than those stated at the time you make payment.
The exception could be if your bank usually charges for this type of transaction. If this is the case, the charge will vary dependent upon the bank, and is not charged by WorldRemit.
Can I pay using someone else’s bank account transfer?
As a financially regulated company we need to ensure we know the identity of our customers – and this includes the source of the funds they pay with. Because of this, we need the funds to come from your own bank account.
In some circumstances we can accept payments from business accounts. We may, however, need to see official documentation that shows you have authority to make payments from these accounts before we will be able to release your transaction.
How long does a bank account transfer refund take?
Once cancellation has been confirmed, a refund will be credited within 2 – 3 working days.
This can vary, however, dependent upon your bank. If you need further information on this, please check with your bank.
How do I pay for my transfer from bank account in United Kingdom
You can send the money directly from your bank account to WorldRemit’s account.
Use your online banking service to create a transfer to WorldRemit. The payment must be received by midnight.
- Bank name: Barclays Bank
- Account name: WorldRemit Ltd
- Sort code: 20-27-55
- Account number: 23533093
Important: If you choose this option, use your WorldRemit customer number as the bank transfer reference. e.g. WR012345.
Please note that WorldRemit’s UK banking sort code has changed from 20-27-48 to 20-27-55.
- Why is WorldRemit’s sort code changing? It’s due to an industry-wide change, driven by UK legislation. It requires Barclays to separate their UK retail banking activities from the rest of their business
- Will my transfers be delayed? No, they will not.
- Do I need to change the account number as well? No. Our Barclays’ account number will remain the same.
For more information, visit Barclays' website.