Need to send money to your family and friends’ bank accounts in Uganda? Do it the fast, simple and secure way with WorldRemit. Using a laptop, smartphone or tablet you can send to accounts with Barclays, Standard Chartered, DFCU Bank, Stanbic Bank and Centenary Bank in Uganda. Transfers to all banks arrive within 1 working day.
What is a bank transfer to Uganda?
A bank transfer is one of the simplest ways to send money online to family and friends living, working or travelling in Uganda. Sending from countries like the UK, US, Australia and Canada direct to Ugandan bank accounts, transfers can be paid for using a debit card or credit card. Plus, the person you’re sending to will be able to access the funds within one working day.
How to transfer money to Ugandan bank accounts
With WorldRemit, you can send money using your credit or debit card to a Ugandan bank account in a few simple steps:
- Click the ‘Bank Transfer’ tab in the calculator at the top of this page
- Enter the amount you want to send – we’ll show you our low fees and the bank-beating exchange rate you’ll receive
- Log in or create an account if you haven’t done so already
- Enter your recipient’s details – double-check that the bank account number and branch name are correct
- Choose your payment method and pay online
We’ll send you and your recipient SMS and email alerts when the transfer has been completed and the funds are available.
Why choose our bank deposit service?
As specialists in sending bank transfers overseas, we offer lower fees and more competitive exchange rates than you’re likely to receive from the banks. When you send money to a bank account in Uganda, we’ll also show you the exchange rate and fees upfront - so you can see exactly how many Ugandan shillings your recipient will receive.
Whatever your reason for sending, from giving a gift to paying someone’s bills – with WorldRemit, you can be sure of a fast, simple and secure transfer every time.