From Arua to Kabale, WorldRemit has Uganda covered.
- The fast, simple way to send money to friends and family
- Industry-leading payment security
How to send money to Uganda
1. Choose how you want to send: select mobile money, cash pickup, bank deposit or airtime top-up, and enter the amount you want to send. You'll see our low fees and exchange rate up front.
2. Enter your recipient's details: choose from a list of people you’ve sent to in the past, or add a new recipient.
3. Pay for the transfer: both you and the recipient will get notifications by SMS and email when the money is sent and received.
Bank deposit1 working day
Transfer to all banks within 1 working day.
Cash pickupInstant transfer
Cash is available to collect instantly from any of the following networks:
- Any branch of Shumuk Forex Bureau, Supergate Forex Bureau, La-Cedri Bureau de Change or any UAE Exchange branch in Kampala
- Any Xpress Money network agents, which include Pride Microfinance, Diamond Trust Bank, Ugafode Microfinance branches (and many more)
Mobile MoneyInstantly / 1-2 hours
Instant transfers to MTN Mobile Money.
Transfers to Airtel Money and Warid Pesa accounts will be credited within two hours during local business hours (Mon-Sat).
- Please check that the recipient already has a Mobile Money account.
- You will need their Mobile Money number.