From Arua to Kabale, WorldRemit has Uganda covered.
- The fast, simple way to send money to friends and family
- Industry-leading payment security
How to send money to Uganda
1. Choose how you want to send: select mobile money, cash pickup, bank deposit or airtime top-up, and enter the amount you want to send. You'll see our low fees and exchange rate up front.
2. Enter your recipient's details: choose from a list of people you’ve sent to in the past, or add a new recipient.
3. Pay for the transfer: both you and the recipient will get notifications by SMS and email when the money is sent and received.
Cash pickupInstant transfer
Cash is available to collect instantly from any of the following networks:
- Any branch of Diamond Trust Bank, Pride Microfinance or Ugafode Microfinance (and many more in the Xpress Money network)
- Any branch of Shumuk Forex Bureau, Supergate Forex Bureau, La-Cedri Bureau de Change, City Forex Bureau, Metropolitan Forex Bureau or UAE Exchange in Kampala
Mobile MoneyInstantly / 1-2 hours
Instant transfers to MTN Mobile Money.
Transfers to Airtel Money and Warid Pesa accounts will be credited within two hours during local business hours (Mon-Sat).
- Please check that the recipient already has a Mobile Money account.
- You will need their Mobile Money number.