From Arua to Kabale, WorldRemit has Uganda covered.
- The fast, simple way to send money to friends and family
- Industry-leading payment security
For full details click here. Terms and conditions apply
How to send money to Uganda
1. Choose how you want to send money to Uganda: select mobile money, cash pickup, bank deposit or airtime top-up, and enter the amount you want to send. You'll see our low fees and exchange rate up front.
2. Enter the details of the person you’re sending to: choose from a list of people you’ve sent to in the past, or add a new recipient.
3. Pay for the transfer: both you and your recipient will get notifications by SMS and email when the money is sent and received.
Cash pickupInstant transfer
Cash is available to collect instantly from any of the following networks:
- Any branch of Diamond Trust Bank, Pride Microfinance or Ugafode Microfinance (and many more in the Xpress Money network)
- Any branch of Shumuk Forex Bureau, Supergate Forex Bureau, La-Cedri Bureau de Change, City Forex Bureau, Metropolitan Forex Bureau, Centenary Bank, UAE Exchange in Kampala, Midwest Forex Bureau, Bank of Africa in Kampala or MoneyWorld.
Mobile moneyInstant / 1-2 hours
Instant transfers to MTN Mobile Money.
Transfers to Airtel Money and Warid Pesa accounts will be credited within two hours during local business hours (Mon-Sat).
- Please check that your recipient already has a Mobile Money account as their Mobile Money number is needed.
Important: Please note that due to a recent local government tax implementation, 1% charge will be deducted from all mobile money receipts.
Airtime top upInstant top-up
Mobile airtime is added instantly to phones on MTN, Orange, Warid, Airtel, Africell, and Smart.
How much Ugandan currency can you send?
When you transfer money to Uganda, the amount you can send depends on the transfer type you choose and the way you want to pay. The limits are set by each country.
To check how much money you can send to Uganda, choose your transfer type and then enter the amount you’d like to send. You’ll then be told whether that amount is allowed.
What exchange rates do we offer?
Our exchange rates change all the time in line with currency valuations. However, as a money transfer specialist, we consistently offer more competitive exchange rates than you’d receive from the banks. That means better value for you and more Ugandan currency for your recipient.
We show you the exchange rate you’ll receive upfront. Just enter the amount you want to send into our ‘Send to’ calculator and you’ll see how many Ugandan shillings that will be. We also show you any fees that apply before you complete your transfer.
Our most popular transfer routes
With WorldRemit, you can send money online to Uganda from more than 145 countries around the world. Some of our most popular transfer routes include sending money to Uganda from the UK, the US, Australia and Canada.