From Arua to Kabale, WorldRemit has Uganda covered.
- The fast, simple way to transfer money to Uganda
- Industry-leading payment security
How to send money to Uganda
1. How do you want to send? Choose between cash pickup, bank deposit, mobile money or airtime top up - there's more information on all of these below.
2. Who are you sending to? Add the details of your recipient or choose from a list of people you’ve sent to in the past.
3. How are you paying? Choose how to pay, and we'll send confirmation to both you and your recipient by SMS and email when your money is sent and received.
There are a few ways to send money to Uganda. Check out more details below or head to our FAQ page for more info on money transfers to Uganda.
Bank transfer to Uganda1 working day
You can make a transfer to the following banks in Uganda and it'll arrive within one working day!
- Centenary Bank
- Standard Chartered
- DFCU Bank
- Stanbic Bank
Cash pickup in UgandaInstant transfer
Your recipient will be able to pick up cash straight away from any branch of:
- Diamond Trust Bank
- Pride Microfinance
- Ugafode Microfinance
- and many more in the Xpress Money network
Cash can also be collected from any branch of:
- Shumuk Forex Bureau
- Supergate Forex Bureau
- La-Cedri Bureau de Change
- City Forex Bureau
- Metropolitan Forex Bureau
- Centenary Bank
- Unimoni in Kampala
- Midwest Forex Bureau
- Bank of Africa
Mobile money to UgandaInstant / 1-2 hours
You can make a transfer instantly to MTN Mobile Money.
Transfers to Airtel Money and Warid Pesa accounts will arrive within two hours during local business hours (Mon-Sat).
All you need to do is make sure that the person you're sending money to already has a Mobile Money account - you'll need their Mobile Money number to make the transfer!
Important: Please note that due to a recent local government tax implementation, 1.0% government tax charge will be subject to all mobile money withdrawals.
Airtime top up in UgandaInstant top up
If you're sending your transfer through Mobile airtime, it'll be added straight away to phones on:
Where can you send money to Uganda from?
With WorldRemit, you can transfer money to Uganda from more than 145 countries around the world. You can send money to Uganda from the UK, the US and many more. Our most popular transfer routes include:
- UK to Uganda: send money to Uganda from the UK using any device and receive bank-beating exchange rates on sterling (GBP) to Ugandan shillings.
- Australia to Uganda: transfer Australian dollars (AUD) to Uganda to help support family and friends.
- America to Uganda: send money to Uganda from the USA and receive low fees.
- Canada to Uganda: choose the most convenient way to send Canadian dollars (CAD) to Uganda from our transfer options.
What exchange rates do we offer on Ugandan currency?
Our exchange rates change all the time in line with currency valuations. However, as a money transfer specialist, we consistently offer more competitive exchange rates than you’d receive from the banks. That means better value for you and more Ugandan currency for the person you're sending to.
We show you the exchange rate you’ll receive upfront - all you need to do is add the amount you want to send into our ‘Send to’ calculator and you’ll see how many Ugandan shillings it is. We'll also show you any fees that apply before you pay for your transfer.