Stanbic Bank, Uganda
- Send money to current, savings and business accounts at Stanbic Bank
- The funds will usually be available the same working day
Send money to Stanbic Bank in Uganda
With WorldRemit, you can make a quick, simple and secure international money transfer to Stanbic Bank in Uganda from more than 50 countries around the world. You can send money to business accounts for investment purposes, school fees or mortgage payments. Or you can transfer money to current and savings accounts to help support loved ones in Uganda or pay for household upkeep and medical emergencies.
The first step is to sign up for a free WorldRemit account. You can then send money to Stanbic Bank online using any device in minutes. You’ll benefit from our super low fees and bank-beating exchange rates and the money will usually be credited on the same working day (this may vary if additional documentation is required from your recipient).
How to transfer money to Stanbic Bank, Uganda
All you need is access to our website or app and a few details from your recipient to complete the transfer online. We advise you to double-check your recipient’s bank name, bank branch and account number before completing the transfer. To avoid delays, the name you give us for your recipient should match the name on their bank statement. Follow these steps:
- Select ‘Bank Transfer’ from the service options in the calculator at the top of this page
- Enter the transfer amount – you’ll be shown the low fees and exchange rate upfront
- Log in or create an account if you don’t already have one
- Enter your recipient’s details or choose from a list of people you’ve sent to before
- Confirm the amount and pay online
You and your recipient will be alerted by SMS when the funds are available.
What’s the maximum transfer amount?
You can send a maximum of 7,000,000 Ugandan Shillings (UGX) per transfer to a Stanbic Bank account. Your recipient will need to provide a copy of their ID to our local agents when you transfer over UGX 3,000,000 for the first time.
How else can you send money to Uganda with WorldRemit?
Making a bank transfer to Stanbic Bank is one of the many ways you can send money to Uganda with WorldRemit. We also offer a number of transfer services:
- Bank transfer – Transfer money to accounts with all the major banks in Uganda. The funds are usually available the same day.
- Cash pickup – Our cash pickup and mobile money transfer services are the fastest ways to send money to Uganda. Use our cash pickup service and your recipient will be able to collect the money within a few minutes of the transfer being made.
- Mobile money – Send money straight to MTN Uganda, Airtel Money and Warid Pesa mobile money accounts and the money will be credited instantly.
- WorldRemit Wallet – Transfer money to your recipient’s WorldRemit Wallet, which they can use to send, receive and store their money.
- Airtime top up – Send airtime instantly to mobile phones on the MTN, Orange, Airtel, Africell and Smart networks to make it easy to stay in touch.