Make a bank transfer to South Africa
Transfer money to a South African bank account quickly and securely
Use a computer, smartphone or tablet.
You can transfer money to current, savings and business accounts with all major banks in South Africa within 3 working days.
Due to South Africa Exchange Control Regulations, our local partner may contact the person you’re sending the money to with a ‘Reporting Mandate’. This is a simple online form they will have to complete. You can read more here.
What is a bank transfer?
A bank transfer to a South African bank account is one of the most convenient ways of sending money to a friend or family member working, living or travelling in the country. As an international money transfer specialist, we offer bank-beating exchange rates and low fees which we show you upfront so you can check you’re getting the best possible deal.
You can transfer money to a South African bank account from more than 145 countries around the world, including the US, the UK, Australia and Canada. You can also use any device, so the transfer can be made at home or on the move.
How to send cash to a South African bank account
Sending money to a South African bank account is easy. All you need to do is:
- Select the ‘Bank Deposit’ service in the ‘Send to’ box on this page
- Enter the amount you want to send
- Add your recipient’s details including full name, address, bank account details, mobile number, email address and the sending reason
- Pay online
- Our local partner, Exchange4Free, will send an email to your recipient with the link to the Reporting Mandate they must complete
- You and your recipient will receive an SMS notification once the transfer has been made
We advise you to double-check the details you have for your recipient as it can be difficult to change a transfer once it has been made.