From Musina to Cape Town, WorldRemit has South Africa covered.
- The fast, simple way to send money to friends and family
- Industry-leading payment security
How to send money to South Africa online
1. Choose how you want to send money to South Africa: select bank deposit, cash pickup or airtime top-up, and enter the amount you want to send. You'll see our low fees and exchange rate up front.
2. Enter the details of the person you’re sending to: choose from a list of people you’ve sent to in the past, or add a new recipient.
3. Pay for the transfer: both you and the recipient will get notifications by SMS and email when the money is sent and received.
Bank deposit1-3 days
Transfer to major banks within 3 working days
Please Note: Due to South Africa Exchange Control Regulations, our local partner may contact your recipient to complete a Reporting Mandate.
Cash pickupInstant transfer
Cash is available to collect instantly from all branches of Mukuru.
Airtime top-upInstant top-up
Cellphone airtime is added instantly to phones on 8ta, Cell C, MTN and Vodacom.
Where can you send money to South Africa from?
Whatever transfer type you choose, you can send money to South Africa online from more than 145 countries around the world. Some of our most popular transfer routes include sending money to South Africa from the UK, Australia, America and Canada. Transfers can be made online using any device so you can support your loved ones from home or on the move.
How much money can you send to South Africa online?
The amount of money you can transfer to South Africa depends on the transfer type and the method of payment you choose. The maximum transfer limits are imposed by the country the payment is being made to. To see if your transfer is allowed, select your desired transfer type and amount, and you’ll then be told if it exceeds local limits.
What exchange rate will you receive?
Whatever transfer type you choose, we’ll show you exactly how much South Africa rand you’ll receive upfront and any fees that apply so you can check you’re getting the best deal. As international transfer specialists, we consistently give you more South African currency for your money than most banks. Simply enter the transfer amount to see the exchange rate we offer.