- Which banks can I send to in Jamaica?
- What type of bank accounts can I send to in Jamaica?
- When will funds be credited to bank accounts in Jamaica?
- What currencies can I send to bank accounts in Jamaica?
- How much can I send to bank accounts in Jamaica?
- What information do I need from my recipient to send bank transfers to Jamaica?
Which banks can I send to in Jamaica?
What type of bank accounts can I send to in Jamaica?
You can send to JMD accounts and other foreign currency accounts. However, please note that JMMB will not process transactions going to business accounts.
Important: This service is only configured for JMD at this time. If you do decide to send to a foreign currency account, it is up to the agent to determine if they can credit.
When will funds be credited to bank accounts in Jamaica?
Usually within the same day if sent before 12pm GMT, and the next working day if sent after 12pm GMT. We will notify you and your recipient by email and SMS when funds are credited.
Important: When sending to a foreign currency account (not JMD), crediting times are the below:
- JMMB or NCB: Funds credited same or next working day
- All other banks and credit unions: Funds credited same or next working day, funds become available within 7-10 working days.
We may sometimes require further information from you before we can process the transfer in order to comply with our regulatory requirements. We will email you if this is the case.
What currencies can I send to bank accounts in Jamaica?
Jamaican Dollar (JMD) only.
Important: For foreign currency accounts (not JMD) if the agent can process the transfer, the currency will be converted from JMD to the foreign currency at the daily market rate.
How much can I send to bank accounts in Jamaica?
No fixed limit. However, there are limits depending on the country where you are sending from and the payment method used to fund the transfer. Please see the relevant section in Payments for more info.
What information do I need from my recipient to send bank transfers to Jamaica?
- Full name. Please enter your recipient’s full name. To avoid any delays, the recipient’s name should match the name on their bank statement exactly.
- Address. We need your recipient’s city.
- Account details. We need your 1) recipient’s bank name, 2) branch name, 3) account number and 4) account type.
- Mobile number. We use this to send an SMS notification to your recipient informing them that their funds have been credited.
- Email (optional). We use this to send an email to your recipient with details of the transaction. This is particularly useful in case they have issues receiving the SMS notifications.
Please ensure that all your recipient’s details are correct. Once your transaction is created, we may be unable to amend or stop the transfer, although we will always try our best to do so.