The WorldRemit Wallet allows you and people you know to send, receive, or store money in a range of currencies using the WorldRemit app. It’s convenient and safe to use and is available to download today from Google Play or the App Store.
Here we summarise exactly how to use the WorldRemit Wallet and make the most of all of its features.
How to send to a WorldRemit Wallet if you don't have one
You don’t need a WorldRemit Wallet in order to send money to someone that has or who wants one. Here’s how easy it is to send money to someone and pay to their Wallet:
- On the WorldRemit website or app select the country you want to send to
- Select WorldRemit Wallet as the way you want to send
- Select the currency account type you want to pay to (ie USD, Peso, etc)
- Enter the amount you want to send – our low fees and exchange rate will be clearly shown
- On the next screen, complete the recipient details including the recipient's mobile number – this is their WorldRemit Wallet number
- Pay for your transfer. We’ll send you a confirmation email and both you and the person you’re sending to will get updates by SMS from us
Usually your money will arrive into your recipient’s WorldRemit Wallet instantly – and we’ll send both of you an SMS and email as soon as it has.
You can even send to someone who hasn’t yet signed up to the WorldRemit Wallet, and we’ll take care of the rest! Once you’ve sent them money, we’ll send them an SMS explaining that they just need to download the WorldRemit app and register for their Wallet to access it. Money is paid to their Wallet when they complete their registration. They’ll have up to 14 days to register before we’ll return the money to you.
How to get your WorldRemit Wallet
If the WorldRemit Wallet is available in your region and you’d like to open one, there’s just a few simple steps to follow. Your Wallet will keep you and your money safe, and it’s completely free to download!
- Go to Google Play or the App Store and download the WorldRemit app
- Sign up with your email address and create your password and PIN code
- On the Wallet tab of the app, you can activate your Wallet by entering some information like your address and a nominated mobile phone number (which will be your WorldRemit Wallet number, which others can use to easily send you money). If we’ve already sent you an SMS to say that someone has sent you money, you’ll need to sign up using the same number we sent your SMS to.
- Enter a secret six-digit code within 10 minutes that we’ll send you by SMS – this helps us to verify your phone number
- Upload an image from a valid photo ID (passport, driving license or Government ID)
- Once we’ve confirmed your identity, your WorldRemit Wallet is ready to go!
How to receive money to your WorldRemit Wallet
If you’ve already activated your Wallet, you don’t need to do anything else! As soon as we’ve processed the money sent to you, we’ll add it to your Wallet in the correct currency. It’s as simple as that, and it’s also free of charge!
If someone has sent money to you by choosing the WorldRemit Wallet, but you haven’t yet signed up for one, you’ll have 14 days to register for one (you’ll just need to complete the steps in the ‘How to get the WorldRemit Wallet’ section above). If you haven’t signed up within 14 days, we’ll need to return the money to the person that sent it to you.
How to send money from your WorldRemit Wallet
If you want to send money from your WorldRemit Wallet to someone else, it takes just a few taps:
- In the Wallet tab of the WorldRemit app select one of the currency account tiles you’d like to send money from
- Select ‘Transfer’
- Select a new or existing recipient in either your country or another country
- Enter the amount you want to send – if applicable, our low fees and exchange rate will be clearly shown
- Select the preferred way to pay them (i.e. how you want your recipient to receive that money. Options typically include letting them collect the funds as a cash pick-up, or crediting money to their bank account or mobile money account)
- Select Pay now for your transfer. We’ll send you a confirmation email and both you and the person you’re sending to will get updates by SMS from us
How to open an additional currency account in your WorldRemit Wallet
In the Wallet tab of the WorldRemit app, you’ll see the carousel of tile(s) of your existing currency accounts. If there are other currencies available to open in your region, you’ll see a ‘add a new account’ tile.
- Select ‘Add a new account’
- Select the currency account you’d like to open (eg Peso, US Dollar, British Pound, etc
That’s it! Each currency account works exactly the same way, so all the features available to one currency account are available in another.
How to withdraw money from your WorldRemit Wallet
It’s easy! Whenever you need to withdraw money from your Wallet, just use one of our pay-out networks. Depending on your region, money can be withdrawn to a local bank account, to a mobile money account or collected as cash from a cash pick-up location, and you can withdraw as much (or as little) of your total as you like. To withdraw funds:
- In the Wallet tab of the WorldRemit app, select one of the currency account tiles you’d like to withdraw money from
- Select Transfer
- Select Withdraw along with your preferred pay out option (ie how you want to receive that money). Options typically include collecting the funds as a cash pick-up, or transferring the money to your bank account or mobile money account).
- Select the amount you want to withdraw
- Select Withdraw now
We’ll send you an SMS as soon as the money has been delivered to your mobile money account, to your bank account, or is available for collection as cash.
If you have any more questions about how to use WorldRemit Wallet, you'll find your answer here.