The WorldRemit Wallet is a safe and secure account that allows you to send, receive, store and withdraw money from the WorldRemit app. At present it’s available on Android smartphones within in Somaliland, and we’ll be introducing it to other countries in the near future.
It’s so easy and secure to use.
Here’s how to send:
- Go to the WorldRemit Somaliland country page
- Select the WorldRemit Wallet as your service on the calculator
- Choose how much you want to send
- Enter your recipient's mobile number
- Pay for your transfer. Both you and the person you’re sending to will get notifications by SMS and email when your money is received
You can send to someone who hasn’t yet signed up to the WorldRemit Wallet, and we’ll send them an SMS explaining how to receive it. The WorldRemit Wallet is currently only available on Android, so please only send to family and friends who have an Android smartphone.
How to receive, store and withdraw money
Before you can store or withdraw money using the WorldRemit Wallet you must first sign up to use it.
- Go to Google Play and install the WorldRemit app
- Create your WorldRemit Wallet account by:
- Creating a password and PIN code
- Enter your required personal details
- Enter the six-digit code we send you by SMS to verify your phone number
- Upload a photo from a photo ID (passport or local ID)
- Once we have confirmed your identity – you’ll be signed up to the WorldRemit Wallet and ready to go.
Receiving and storing
Once you’ve signed up, you can receive money from family and friends and store it in your WorldRemit Wallet on your phone. Money in your WorldRemit Wallet is stored in US Dollars (USD).
You can log in to your WorldRemit Wallet at any time using your PIN code, and view your balance and transaction history or withdraw money.
It’s simple and free. You can withdraw money through the WorldRemit pay out network, at any time. Withdrawing money from your WorldRemit Wallet is fee free.
- Go to the WorldRemit Wallet in the WorldRemit app on your phone
- Select the ‘Withdraw’ button below your balance and choose your preferred pay out option
- Select the amount you want to withdraw
- Complete any remaining information required to complete the withdrawal
- Confirm the withdrawal
- We’ll send you an SMS as soon as the money has been delivered into your mobile money account or bank account, or is available for collection as cash.
If you have any more questions about how to use WorldRemit Wallet, you'll find your answer here.