Sending money abroad with us is easy. Most of our transfers reach their destination instantly, and you can follow the transaction journey via our mobile app or the website. All of this from the comfort of your home!
And because there is a first time for everything, we prepared a list of all the information to get you started.
The essentials for sending money with WorldRemit
It’s easy to register with WorldRemit – it only takes a couple of minutes. When you register, we’ll ask you for your:
- Email address
- Full name
- Sending country
You’ll need to have a bank account in your name, registered in your sending country.
To check which payment methods we offer in your sending country, visit our FAQ page.
Smartphone or a computer
There are two ways how to access your WorldRemit account:
- Via our website.
- Via the WorldRemit app on your smartphone.
For website access, you need a computer/laptop with an up-to-date internet browser. You can log in from the main page.
Do you prefer to send money on the go? Then download our WorldRemit app from Google Play (Android device) and App Store (iOS device) to your tablet or mobile phone.
Personal information and ID verification
We offer not only fast transfers, but also safe and secure ones. Even though we’re not a bank, we are a regulated financial institution.
At times, we might need to request additional documents from you to release your transfer. In some cases, we will call you to verify the purpose of your transaction. For more details, head over to our verification page.
What details we need from you
- Full name as it appears on your ID documents (including middle names).
- Residential address
- Date of birth
- Telephone number and email address
- Your email address
What kind of emails will you receive from us?
- Confirmation of your transfer details or any cancellations and amendments.
- Important changes in WorldRemit services.
- Updates about our promotions or discounts (you don’t want to miss those!).
What documents can I use to prove my identity?
Each country you can send from has different verification requirements that we need to abide by.
For most countries, we can accept a valid international passport. You can also provide a national ID or driving license, depending on the country you send the money from.
Are you looking for specific requirements related to your sending country? Choose the area below:
Is it safe to give WorldRemit my personal information?
The essentials for receiving money with WorldRemit
Here’s what you need to know about the person you’re sending money to.
Mobile Money Service
- Mobile money account number of your recipient
- Telephone number of your recipient
- The name for the above mobile money account
- Their address
Bank transfer service
- Recipient’s bank details
- Full name
- Telephone number
Cash pick up service
- Recipient’s full name as shown on the ID they will collect with.
- Contact details so they can receive notifications about their transfers
- Their address
- The phone number you wish to top-up
And this is it!
With our online service, sending money to your loved ones abroad is an easy job. We will guide you throughout the process and are available 24/7 to answer all questions you may have via email or call.