You can transfer money via WorldRemit from Malaysia to 130+ destinations across the world. Please click on any link below for more information.
For more general information on how WorldRemit works and how you can create a transfer, please visit our Getting Started pages.
- What services does WorldRemit provide in Malaysia?
- Is WorldRemit licensed by the financial regulator?
- Who can use the WorldRemit service?
- How do I use WorldRemit?
- Why do I need to share my identification documents?
- What are the charges for sending money with WorldRemit?
- What is an exchange rate?
- What are the available modes of payment?
- How much money can I send per day?
- Can I amend my transfer details?
- Could I cancel my transaction?
- Do I have to enter the recipient details every time I send money?
- How do I check the status of my transaction?
- Do I get a receipt/proof for my transaction?
- How do I change my personal details?
- How do I change my password?
- How do I get in touch with Customer Service?
What services does WorldRemit provide in Malaysia?
WorldRemit provides digital-only cross-border money remittance from Malaysia to more than 130 countries across all continents.
Is WorldRemit licensed by the financial regulator?
WorldRemit (Malaysia) SDN BHD (201701022958) is approved by the Central Bank of Malaysia with a Class-B license to provide digital money remittance service.
Who can use the WorldRemit service?
The WorldRemit service can be used by any individual who fulfils the following criteria:
- Be at least 18 years old
- Has a valid government-issued photo ID
- Has a Malaysian internet banking account
How do I use WorldRemit?
The WorldRemit service can be availed by following these steps:
- Signup to WorldRemit
- Complete the registration process
- Kindly provide all required information to set up
- Provide a clear scan of a government-issued valid photo-ID
- Your verified account needs to be activated before you initiate your first transaction.
The Verification process is vital as it secures your information, protects your identity and safeguards your transactions.
- Once the account is activated, we ensure that your transaction with us will be safe, secure and sent to the intended recipient in a timely manner.
- To send money, fill in transfer information such as the recipient’s details
Why do I need to share my identification documents?
Identity verification is a regulatory requirement by the Central Bank of Malaysia for all customers. Customers are required to provide a scan of their valid Photo ID to complete the electronic "Know Your Customer" (e-KYC) process. This process enables verification, activation and due diligence going forward.
Verifying your identity before using WorldRemit ensures your unique personal identity is properly authenticated when you send money to your registered recipient.
What are the charges for sending money with WorldRemit?
We are transparent about the charges incurred on every transfer. You will only pay the transaction fee as shown before you make the payment for your transfer.
What is an exchange rate?
Exchange rate is the price of one currency in terms of another currency. This conversion rate is used to send money in one currency to a country using another currency. Our exchange rate will always be shown on our website and mobile app.
What are the available modes of payment?
You can make the payment for the transfer with:
- Bank transfer
- Debit card payment
How much money can I send per day?
You could send up to RM30,000 per day.
However, there may be restrictions on the amount that can be sent to certain countries. In the event that your transaction value exceeds the limit, Customer Support will contact you to request additional documents to facilitate further transactions.
Kindly note that the FPX maximum daily transaction limit is RM30,000 and is subject to your internet banking limit setting.
You can transact up to 10 times per month provided that the total value of cumulative transactions does not exceed RM30,000 per day.
We will also analyse your transaction patterns for risks as part of our obligations as a licensed entity.
Can I amend my transfer details?
Transfers details can be changed, only if the amount has not been paid or credited into the recipient’s account.
You may request transfer amendments by contacting our Customer Support at 1800 818 717.
(Add +60 as a prefix to the number, if you are dialling from outside of Malaysia)
You must thoroughly check the recipient’s information to ensure they are correct, during the initial registration and before every transfer. WorldRemit (Malaysia) is not responsible and will not be held liable for the accuracy of the recipient’s pay-out information.
Could I cancel my transaction?
Transfers can be cancelled if the amount has not been paid or credited into the recipient’s account.
You can request transfer cancellations by contacting our Customer Service at 1800 818 717. (Add +60 as a prefix to the number, if you are dialling from outside of Malaysia)
You must thoroughly check the recipient’s information for accuracy, during the initial registration and before every transfer. WorldRemit (Malaysia) is not responsible for the accuracy of the recipient’s pay-out information.
Do I have to enter the recipient details every time I send money?
WorldRemit (Malaysia) requires you to pre-register recipient details at the initial registration stage. We retain this information securely to minimise error every time you wish to transact with us.
You must confirm all information before authorising payment for your transfer.
How do I check the status of my transaction?
You need to login to the WorldRemit website or mobile app to check the status of your transaction.
You could also:
- Chat live with one of our agents
- Contact our customer service at 1800 818 717 from Malaysia
(Add +60 as a prefix, if you are dialling from outside of Malaysia)
Do I get a receipt/proof for my transaction?
Yes, a unique transaction number will be provided to you for every transfer with us.
How do I change my personal details?
You can change your personal details by logging into the WorldRemit website or the mobile app. Once you log in:
- Click on ‘Account’
- Select ‘My details’ to edit your personal details
Any changes that require identity verification or other mandatory information will be reviewed first by us before taking effect on your profile.
How do I change my password?
You can change your WorldRemit profile password by logging on to our website or the mobile app. Once you log in:
- Go to your ‘Account’
- Select ‘Settings’
- Choose ‘Change Password’
If you forget your password, you need to enter your valid login ID at our website or mobile app login page.
- Click the ‘Forgot password’ button
- Provide the valid email registered with the account for the next step.
How do I get in touch with Customer Service?
You could access customer support via:
- Live chat on our website
- Contact us at 1800-818 717