Esta página actualmente solo está disponible en inglés y se traducirá al español en los próximos días.
You can transfer money via WorldRemit from Malaysia to 140+ destinations across the world. Please click on any link below for more information.
For more general information on how WorldRemit works and how you can create a transfer, please visit our Getting Started pages.
- How do I pay for my transfer from Malaysia?
- What is the verification process in Malaysia?
- Why do I need to provide ID in Malaysia?
- How can I send you my ID from Malaysia?
- Where can I transfer money to from Malaysia?
- Is there anything else I need to know about sending from Malaysia?
How do I pay for my transfer from Malaysia?
When sending money from Malaysia, you can pay for your transfer using any of the the following ways:
- Debit cards
- The maximum send amount per 24 hours is MYR 5,000
- The maximum send amount per transaction is MYR 5,000
- Click the link for more information on card payments.
Currently we are unable to accept credit card payments from Malaysia. This could change in the future, so please do check back often.
What is the verification process in Malaysia?
To comply with Malaysian regulations, we need to fully verify all customers sending from Malaysia.
To do this, we are required to confirm the following for all customers:
- Full name
- Date of birth
- Residential address
To do this, we will need a number of documents from you.
- Government issued photo ID
- Current Malaysian Driving Licence
- Current Malaysian Passport
- Proof of address
To verify your address we need to see a utility bill. This must not be older than 6 months, and the address printed on this must match that on your WorldRemit account. Bills we can accept are:
- Telephone bill
- Letters of employment
- Electricity / gas bill
- Water bill
- ‘Selfie’ photograph
Finally, we need to see a live photograph of you taken with a webcam at the time of making a transaction.
Please note, until we have completed ID verification we will be unable to complete your transfer.
Why do I need to provide ID in Malaysia?
Every customer needs to have their identity verified at some stage when using WorldRemit. Part of this process involves photo ID and address verification.
How can I send you my ID from Malaysia?
Click here to upload your photo ID now
Click here to upload address documents now.
Where can I transfer money to from Malaysia?
You can transfer money to 140+ destinations in the world, and in various payout options including mobile money transfers, cash pickup, bank transfers and airtime top-up so it is always convenient for your recipient. Please refer to our Send To pages for more information.
Is there anything else I need to know about sending from Malaysia?
The type of document we require will vary upon what we need to clarify.
- If you are providing photo ID, it needs to include the following:
- Your photograph
- Your full name
- Your date of birth
- The expiry date (the documents MUST NOT be expired)
- The two lines of letters and numbers at the bottom of the document (The MRZ)
- If you are proving proof of address, it needs to include the following:
- Your full name
- Your full current residential address
- Please send a high quality image. If the image is unclear we may ask for another copy.
- We need to see the full document including all four corners. If we cannot see the full document we may ask for another copy.