- Which banks can I send to in Nigeria?
- What type of bank accounts can I send to in Nigeria?
- When will funds be credited to bank accounts in Nigeria?
- What currencies can I send to bank accounts in Nigeria?
- How much can I send to bank accounts in Nigeria?
- What information do I need from my recipient for bank transfers to Nigeria?
Which banks can I send to in Nigeria?
You can transfer money to all major banks in Nigeria.
What type of bank accounts can I send to in Nigeria?
You can send to checking/current, savings accounts.
Please note: because of local regulations, we cannot sent to business accounts in Nigeria.
When will funds be credited to bank accounts in Nigeria?
Instantly. We will notify you and your recipient by email and SMS when funds are credited.
We may sometimes require further information from you before we can process the transfer in order to comply with our regulatory requirements. We will email you if this is the case.
What currencies can I send to bank accounts in Nigeria?
Nigerian Naira (NGN) only. We cannot credit USD or domiciliary accounts.
How much can I send to bank accounts in Nigeria?
A maximum of NGN 7,000,000 per day.
There may be lower limits depending on the country where you are sending from and the payment method used to fund the transfer. Please see the relevant section in Payments for more info.
What information do I need from my recipient for bank transfers to Nigeria?
- Full name. Please enter your recipient’s full name. To avoid any delays, the recipient’s name should match the name on their bank statement exactly.
- Address. We need your recipient’s city.
- Account details. We need your recipient’s (1) bank name, (2) account number. Account numbers are 10-digits long.
- Bank Verification Number (BVN). All recipients are required to have a BVN on file at the bank in order to receive international transfers. Please ensure that this step has been completed before sending, to ensure there are no delays with your transaction.
- Mobile number. We use this to send an SMS notification to your recipient informing them that their funds have been credited.
- Email (optional). We use this to send an email to your recipient with details of the transaction. This is particularly useful in case they have issues receiving the SMS notifications.
- Sending reason: Please indicative whether you are sending to (1) family or friend support, (2) purchases of services, (3) property payment or (4) sending to self.
Please ensure that all your recipient’s details are correct. Once you make your transaction, it is difficult for us to amend or stop the transfer, although we will always try our best to do so.