How to transfer money to Fidelity Bank in Nigeria
Fidelity Bank is one of the leading retail banks in Nigeria, offering a comprehensive range of services that are used by more than 5 million customers. It has an extensive network of over 250 branches across the country with a strong presence in all the major states and cities.
How to transfer money to Fidelity Bank
With WorldRemit, you can send in US dollars to Fidelity Bank from 50 countries around the world using a computer, laptop or a smartphone. You may choose either direct bank transfer or cash pickup.
What’s the fastest way to send money to Nigeria?
With both types of money transfer, either bank transfer or cash pickup, your recipient will be able to access the funds, in US dollars, within an hour of the transfer.
Bank transfers to Fidelity Bank in Nigeria
You can transfer money to current, checking and savings accounts with Fidelity Bank, a simple and secure way to send money to support family & friends in Nigeria. Please make sure that the money transfer is made to a USD domiciled account. There’s a maximum transfer limit of 5,000 USD a day, although lower limits may apply depending on the country you make the transfer from and your chosen payment method.
How do you make a bank transfer to Fidelity Bank?
Making a bank transfer to Fidelity Bank with WorldRemit is simple, safe and takes no more than a couple of minutes. Just follow the steps below:
1. Visit our homepage and select Nigeria from the 'Choose a country to send to' dropdown list 2. Select 'Bank Transfer' as the preferred service 3. Select ‘Fidelity Bank’ 4. Enter the amount you want to send 5. Check the low fees and the exchange rate you’ll receive upfront 6. Enter your recipient’s details 7. Choose your payment method – Bank account, Credit/Debit card, SOFORT, INTERACT, POLI or iDEAL (web) and confirm the amount 8. You and your recipient will be alerted by SMS and email when the money is available
If your recipient does not bank with Fidelity Bank, don’t worry. Just choose another supported bank on the list where your recipient holds an account.
If you need a USD account, it's easy to open one with Fidelity Bank
Please ensure you have scanned copies of the following important documents:
- Passport size photo
- Utility bill (not more than 3 months old)
- Bio-data page of your passport
- ID card
- Completed reference form (download here)
- Signature mandate card (download here)
Go to Fidelity Bank’s application page where you will simply follow the prompts to:
- Upload your documents
- Fill out your contact details
- Fill out other details, as necessary
Wait for the bank to approve your application.
Send money for cash pickup to Fidelity Bank in Nigeria
If your recipient needs quick access to cash, you might decide that it makes more sense to send money for cash pickup to Fidelity Bank. The process is very similar to a bank transfer, but in this case, your recipient will be able to collect physical cash from any branch of Fidelity Bank in Nigeria. The cash will be available for collection within minutes and a maximum of USD 5,000 is permitted per transfer.
- Visit our homepage and select Nigeria from the 'choose a country to send to' dropdown list
- Select 'Cash Pickup' as the preferred service
- Set ‘Fidelity Bank branches’ as the payout-network
- Enter the amount you want to send
- Select a person you’ve sent to before or add the details of a new recipient
- Choose how you want to pay
- You and your recipient will receive SMS and email notifications when the money has been sent and collected
To collect the cash, your recipient will need the 8-digit transaction number that’ll we send by SMS when the funds are ready to collect. After supplying the 8-digit transaction number, we’ll also send an additional 7-digit code to your recipient’s mobile phone. They’ll need this code to collect the money.
They’ll also have to show one form of official ID such as a Nigerian passport, a Nigerian driver’s licence or other government-issued photo ID.