The First Bank of Nigeria, also known simply as First Bank, is the largest bank in Nigeria with more than 14 million customers, 7,000 staff and 750 business offices. As well as having excellent coverage across Nigeria, First Bank also has locations in the UK, Beijing, Johannesburg and across Africa.
With so many Nigerians living abroad, international remittances are big business for First Bank. At WorldRemit, we offer a bank transfer service that makes it quick and easy to send money directly to the accounts of First Bank customers, from over 50 countries around the world.
How do you make a bank transfer to First Bank, Nigeria?
With WorldRemit, you can make a transfer in US dollars to First Bank current and savings accounts on our website or app. Unfortunately, due to local regulations, we’re not able to transfer directly to business accounts.
For money transfers, you need to follow these steps:
1. Choose the ‘Bank Transfer’ service
2. Select ‘First Bank’
3. Enter the amount you want to send
4. Check our low fees and exchange rate upfront
5. Click ‘Send’ and you will then be asked to create an account if you don’t already have one
6. Enter the details of your new recipient with a USD domiciled account, or choose someone you’ve sent to before from the recipient list
7. Pay online
8. You and your recipient will receive SMS and/or email notification once the transfer is complete
What’s the fastest way to send money to Nigeria?
Typically, our cash pickup service is the fastest way to send money to Nigeria. You can send a cash pickup by following these steps:
1. Visit our homepage and select Nigeria from the 'Choose a country to send to' dropdown list
2. Select 'Cash Pickup' as the preferred service
3. Set ‘First Bank branches’ as the pay-out network
4. Enter the amount you want to send
5. Select a person you’ve sent to before or add the details of a new recipient
6. Choose how you want to pay
7. You and your recipient will receive SMS and email notifications when the money has been sent and collected
How much can you send to First Bank accounts?
You can send a maximum of USD 5,000 per day to accounts at First Bank. However, lower limits may apply depending on the country you make the transfer from and your payment method.
What currencies can you send to First Bank accounts?
Following the latest Central Bank of Nigeria directive, we can only send US dollars to First Bank accounts.