- Where can my recipient collect the funds in Kenya?
- When will funds be available to collect in Kenya?
- What currencies can I send for cash pickups in Kenya?
- What is the max amount that I can send for cash pickups to Kenya?
- What information do I need from my recipient to complete a cash pick up transfer in Kenya?
- What does my recipient need to show when collecting funds in Kenya?
Where can my recipient collect the funds in Kenya?
Recipients can collect the funds from branches of:
- Upesi Money Transfer
- Diamond Trust Bank
- National Bank of Kenya
- Equity Bank
- NIC Bank
Here is a full list of locations for the cash pickup branches.
When will funds be available to collect in Kenya?
Usually within a few minutes. We may require further information from you before we can process the transfer in order to comply with our regulatory requirements. We will email you if this is the case.
What currencies can I send for cash pickups in Kenya?
Kenyan Shillings (KES) only.
What is the max amount that I can send for cash pickups to Kenya?
There may be lower or higher limits depending on the country you are sending from and the payment method you used to fund the transfer. Please see the Payments section for more information.
What information do I need from my recipient to complete a cash pick up transfer in Kenya?
- Full name. Please enter your recipient’s full name. It must match their valid, government-issued photo ID for them to successfully collect the funds.
- Address. We need your recipient’s city.
- Mobile number. We use this to send an SMS notification to your recipient with the transaction reference number, which they will need to collect the funds. We will also inform them when the funds are ready to be collected.
- Sending reason. Please indicate whether it is “family or friend support,” “purchase of services,” “property payment,” or “sending fund to self”.
- Email (optional). We use this to email your recipient with details of the transaction. This is particularly useful in case they have issues receiving the SMS notifications.
Please ensure that all your recipient’s details are correct. Once you make the transaction, it is difficult for us to amend or stop the transfer, although we will always try our best to do so.
What does my recipient need to show when collecting funds in Kenya?
- Valid Photo ID. This must be one of the following: Kenyan passport, national ID card, driving license, or foreign passport with visa or refugee card
- Quote “WorldRemit” and the 8-digit transaction reference number. We will send you and your recipient an email & SMS notifying you that (1) the funds are ready to be collected and (2) the transaction reference number. Please quote this when collecting the funds.