Send bank transfers to Indonesia
See below for answers to your questions about sending money to Indonesia via bank transfers.
Which banks can I send to in Indonesia?
You can transfer money to all major banks in Indonesia.
What type of bank accounts can I send to in Indonesia?
You can send to savings accounts only.
The account must be set up in the local currency - Indonesian Rupiah (IDR).
When will funds be credited for bank transfers to Indonesia?
Usually within 2-3 working days. We will notify you and your recipient by email and SMS when funds are credited.
We may sometimes require further information from you before we can process the transfer in order to comply with our regulatory requirements. We will email you if this is the case.
What currencies can I send for bank transfers to Indonesia?
Indonesian Rupiah (IDR) only.
How much can I send when sending bank transfers to Indonesia?
A maximum of IDR 100,000,000 per transfer.
There may be lower limits depending on the country where you are sending from and the payment method used to fund the transfer. Please see the relevant section in payments for more info.
What information do I need from my recipient when sending bank transfers to Indonesia?
- Full name. Please enter your recipient’s full name. To avoid any delays, the recipient’s name should match the name on their bank statement exactly.
- Address. We need your recipient’s city.
- Account details. We need your recipient’s (1) bank name, (2) bank branch name and (3) account number.
- Mobile number. We use this to send an SMS notification to your recipient informing them that their funds have been credited.
- Sending reason. Please indicate whether it is “family or friend support,” “purchase of services,” “property payment,” or “sending fund to self”.
- Email (optional). We use this to send an email to your recipient with details of the transaction. This is particularly useful in case they have issues receiving the SMS notifications.
Please ensure that all your recipient’s details are correct. Once you make your transaction, it is difficult for us to amend or stop the transfer, although we will always try our best to do so.