Send mobile money to Fiji
See below for answers to your questions about sending money to Fiji via mobile money.
What fees does my recipient pay when sending mobile money to Fiji?
WorldRemit does NOT charge your recipient any additional fees for the Mobile Money transaction.
However, some local operators may charge your recipient a fee if they choose to withdraw funds from their wallet as cash. This depends on the mobile operator’s policy and is not determined by WorldRemit.
What information do I need from my recipient when sending mobile money to Fiji?
- Full name. Please enter your recipient’s full name. To avoid any delays, the recipient’s name should match the name registered on their mobile money account.
- Address. We need your recipient’s city.
- Mobile Money account number:
- Fully registered and active M-PAISA or Digicel MyCash Mobile money accounts only.
- 7 digits in total (excluding country code).
- Contact mobile number. We use this number to send SMS notifications to your recipient when the funds have been credited. This can be different from the mobile account number.
- Sending reason. Please indicate whether it is “family or friend support,” “purchase of services,” “property payment,” or “sending fund to self”.
Please ensure that all your recipient’s details are correct. Once you make your transaction, it is difficult for us to amend or stop the transfer, although we will always try our best to do so.
How much can I send when sending mobile money to Fiji?
The maximums vary according to the recipient’s provider:
Vodafone M-PAiSA: A maximum of FJD10,000 per transfer.
Digicel MyCash: A maximum of FJD3,400 per transfer.
Note also that both providers’ mobile money accounts have a balance limit of FJD10,000, so please check with your recipient to ensure that your transaction will not cause them to exceed that limit.
There may be lower limits depending on the country where you are sending from and the payment method used to fund the transfer. Please see the relevant section in Payments for more info.
What currencies can I send when sending mobile money to Fiji?
Fijian Dollars (FJD) only.
When will funds be credited when sending mobile money to Fiji?
For new customers, identity verification may extend the transfer time.
We will notify you and your recipient by email and SMS when funds are credited. We may sometimes require further information from you before we can process the transfer in order to comply with our regulatory requirements. We will email you if this is the case.
Which Mobile Money accounts can I send to in Fiji?
You can send to registered Vodafone M-PAiSA and Digicel MyCash Mobile money accounts.
The Mobile Money account must be (1) fully registered and (2) active.