Click on any of the following links for more information on sending cash pickups to Colombia:
- Where can my recipient collect the funds in Colombia?
- When will funds be available to collect in Colombia?
- What currencies can I send for cash pickups in Colombia?
- How much can I send for cash pickups to Colombia?
- What information do I need from my recipient for cash pickups in Colombia?
- What should my recipient show when collecting funds in Colombia?
Where can my recipient collect the funds in Colombia?
You can select from one of the following network options when creating a transfer:
- Banco BBVA Colombia
- Financiera Pagos Internacionales
When will funds be available to collect in Colombia?
Usually within a few minutes. We may sometimes require further information from you before we can process the transfer to comply with our regulatory requirements. We will email you if this is the case.
What currencies can I send for cash pickups in Colombia?
Colombian Peso (COP) only.
How much can I send for cash pickups to Colombia?
- Per transaction: USD 7000 (Bancolombia customers) or USD 3,000 (non-Bancolombia customers)
- Per month: USD 7000 (Bancolombia customers) or USD 3,000 (non-Bancolombia customers)
- Per year: USD 28,000
- Per transaction: USD 500
- Per month: USD 1,000
Financiera Pagos Internacionales:
- Limits are based on where you are sending from
- Please note: if the transaction is greater than USD 3,000, the order will be paid by check
- Per transaction: USD 3,000
- Per month: USD 3,000
There may be lower limits depending on the country where you are sending from and the payment method used to fund the transfer. Please see the relevant section in Payments for more info.
Please note: Colombian regulations dictate that all remittances over a monthly cumulative amount of COP 1,911,600 will be subject to the 4x1000 tax, where 4 pesos of every 1000 past the cumulative amount will be collected in taxes at the payout location.
The minimum you can send is USD 20.
What information do I need from my recipient for cash pickups in Colombia?
- Full name. Please enter your recipient’s whole family name. It must match their government-issued photo ID for them to successfully collect their funds e.g. Maria Angela Ramos Ramirez.
- Address. We need your recipient’s city.
- Mobile number. We use this to send an SMS notification to your recipient with the transaction reference number which they will need to collect the funds. We will also inform them when their funds are ready to be collected.
- Sending reason. Please indicate whether it is “family or friend support,” “purchase of services,” “property payment,” or “sending fund to self”.
- Email (optional). We use this to email your recipient with details of the transaction. This is particularly useful in case they have issues receiving the SMS notifications. We use this to email your recipient with details of your transaction (e.g. in case they have issues receiving the SMS notifications).
Please ensure that all your recipient’s details are correct. Once you make your transaction, it is difficult for us to amend or stop the transfer, although we will always try our best to do so.
What should my recipient show when collecting funds in Colombia?
Valid Photo ID. This must be one of the following:
- Colombian passport
- National ID card
- Driving licence
- Any other government-issued photo ID
11-digit transaction reference number. We will notify you and your recipient by email and SMS when funds are ready to be collected and send a transaction reference number. Please quote this when collecting the funds.