Guaranteed cash at Steward Bank, Kaah, and Quest Financial
The fast, simple way to send money to friends and family
Industry-leading payment security
How to send money to Zimbabwe
1. Choose how you want to send:
- Mobile money to Ecocash
- Cash pickup from Steward Bank, Zimpost, Kaah Express, CBZ, ZB Bank or Quest Financial Services
- Bank deposit
- MyCash card
- Airtime top-up
You’ll see our low fees and exchange rate up front.
2. Enter the details of the the person you’re sending to: choose from a list of people you’ve sent to in the past, or add a new recipient.
3. Pay for the transfer: both you and your recipient will get notifications by SMS and email when the money is sent and received.
Bank transfer1 working day
- Transfer to Steward bank within 1 working day and to other banks within 3 working days.
- If sending to business accounts (eg. for school fees), please provide the appropriate reference so payments can be identified by your recipient (eg. invoice number, student name etc).
Cash pickupInstant transfer
Cash is available to collect instantly from branches of Steward Bank, Zimpost, Kaah Express, CBZ, ZB Bank, Quest Financial Services, NMB Bank or GetBucks.
Mobile moneyInstant transfer
Money is added instantly to EcoCash accounts.
- Please check that your recipient already has a Mobile Money account.
- You will need their Mobile Money number.
MyCash cardInstant transfer
Money is added instantly to your recipient’s MyCash card, which is linked to their mobile phone number.
What is a MyCash card?
- A new cashless payment method in Zimbabwe available in partnership with TM Pick n Pay.
- Any Zimbabwean mobile phone number can be linked to a MyCash card.
- Money arrives instantly for existing MyCash card holders. If your recipient does not already have a MyCash account, they will be notified by SMS to register at any participating TM Pick n Pay Supermarket nationwide to access their funds.
- Your recipient can use the MyCash card at over 25,000 ZimSwitch swipe machines to buy goods (including at TM Pick n Pay stores) or use it at any Zimswitch ATM to withdraw funds. They can also access the funds through MyCash mobile banking to transfer money to other banks or to pay bills.
- Funds are held in USD.
Airtime top upInstant top-up
Mobile airtime is added instantly to phones on Telecel, Econet, and NetOne.
Where can you send money from?
You can transfer money to Zimbabwe to help support family and friends from more than 140 countries around the world. Some of our most popular transfer routes include the UK to Zimbabwe, Australia to Zimbabwe and America and Canada to Zimbabwe. Transfers can be made online using any device so you can support your loved ones from home or on the move.
Exchange rate – Zimbabwean dollar
We offer some of the most competitive exchange rates you’ll find online. Many transfer companies do not let you see the exchange rate until you have completed their online forms, but at WorldRemit, we show you the exchange rate you’ll receive upfront. Sending money to Zimbabwe with WorldRemit is also likely to be cheaper than a similar service offered by banks. The result is that more Zimbabwean dollars end up in your recipient’s pocket.
How much money can you send?
There are a number of factors that determine how much money you can transfer to Zimbabwe. That includes the country you are sending your money from and the type of transfer service you want to use.
To find out how much money you can send to Zimbabwe, simply select your service using the blue send calculator at the top of this page and enter the amount you want to send. If the amount you’ve entered is above the maximum limit, a pop up will inform you of the amount you can send.
How long will it take for the Zimbabwean dollars to arrive?
We pride ourselves on providing the cheapest and fastest way to send money to Zimbabwe online. Each type of transfer will take:
- Bank deposit – 1 working day for Steward Bank; 3 working days for other banks
- Cash pickup - within minutes
- Mobile money transfer – within minutes
- MyCash card - within minutes
- Airtime top-ups – within minutes