The fast, simple way to make a mobile money transfer to Zimbabwe
Use a computer, smartphone or tablet.
Money is added within minutes to EcoCash accounts.
- Please check that the person you’re sending mobile money to already has an EcoCash account.
- You will need their EcoCash account number.
What is a mobile money transfer?
If you have family or friends travelling, living or working in Zimbabwe then you can send money directly to their mobile phones from over 145 countries around the world. Before making the mobile money transfer to Zimbabwe, make sure your recipient has an active EcoCash account. If they do, all you need is a few details and you’ll be able to transfer the money in minutes.
Your recipient will then be able to use their phone to transfer cash and buy products and services. The money can also be withdrawn by visiting an agent, typically in a local store.
Sending money to Zimbabwe through EcoCash is a fast and convenient way to transfer money to family and friends overseas. It’s also very safe as all EcoCash accounts are protected by a PIN and your recipient will not have to carry large amounts of cash.
How do you send mobile money to Zimbabwe?
To make a mobile money transfer to Zimbabwe, you will need your recipient’s full name, their address, their EcoCash account number and their mobile phone number.
Making the transfer is simple:
- Select the ‘Mobile Money Transfer’ service in the blue ‘Send to’ box on our website or app
- Enter the amount you want to send
- You’ll be shown the competitive exchange rate you’ll receive and the low fees that apply
- Enter your recipient’s details
- Pay online
- You and your recipient will receive SMS and email notification once the transfer is complete
What’s the maximum limit for a mobile money transfer to Zimbabwe?
The US dollar is the official currency of Zimbabwe. When sending money to Zimbabwe through EcoCash, you can transfer a maximum of 2,000 USD. However, there may be lower limits depending on the country you make the transfer from.