Send cash pickups to Zimbabwe
See below for answers to your questions about sending money to Zimbabwe via Cash Pickup.
Where can my recipient collect the funds in Zimbabwe?
Your recipient can collect funds from any branch of:
- Steward Bank
- ZB Bank
- Kaah Express
- Quest Financial Services
- People's Own Savings Bank
- NMB Bank
- National Building Society
- Success Microfinance Bank
You can see a full list of available branches in Zimbabwe here.
When will funds be available to collect in Zimbabwe?
Usually within a few minutes. We may sometimes require further information from you in order to comply with our regulatory requirements before we can process your transfer. We will email you if this is the case.
What currencies can I send for cash pickups in Zimbabwe?
US Dollars (USD) only.
How much can I send for cash pickups in Zimbabwe?
- Steward Bank, ZB Bank, Quest Financial Services, Direct Connect, Express Financial Services, GetBucks or BancABC: The limit depends on where you are sending from and your chosen payment method. See below for more details.
- Kaah Express: USD 1,000 per transfer.
- CBZ Bank: USD 1,000 per transfer.
- NMB Bank: USD 1,000 per transfer.
There may be lower limits depending on the country you are sending from and the payment method you use to fund the transfer. Please see the relevant section in Payments for more information.
Please be aware that Zimbabwe is currently experiencing a coin shortage. To ensure that your recipient does not encounter problems with their cash pickup, we recommend sending transfers as rounded amounts.
What information do I need from my recipient to send cash pickups to Zimbabwe?
- Full name. Please enter your recipient’s full legal name. It must match their valid, government-issued photo ID for them to successfully collect their funds.
- Address. We need your recipient’s city.
- Mobile number. We use this to send an SMS notification to your recipient with the transaction reference number which they will need in order to collect the funds. We will also inform them when their funds are ready to be collected.
- Sending reason. Please indicate whether it is “family or friend support,” “purchase of services,” “property payment,” or “sending funds to self”.
- Email (optional). We use this to email your recipient with details of the transaction. This is particularly useful in case they have issues receiving the SMS notifications.
Please ensure that all your recipient’s details are correct. Once you make your transaction, it is difficult for us to amend or stop the transfer, although we will always try our best to do so.
What does my recipient need to show when collecting funds in Zimbabwe?
Valid photo ID. This must be one of the following:
- National ID
- Driver’s license
- Residence permit
Quote “WorldRemit” and the 8-digit transaction reference number. We will notify you and your recipient by email and SMS when funds are ready to be collected and send a transaction reference number. Please quote this when collecting the funds.
What is the Zimbabwe Diaspora Remittance Incentive Scheme (DRIS) and how does it affect my cash pickup transfer?
Please note: Effective 20 February 2019, the Zimbabwean government has discontinued The Diaspora Remittance Incentive Scheme (DRIS) programme.
Do any locations in Zimbabwe guarantee cash will be available to collect?
WorldRemit has a cash guarantee partnership in place with Quest Financial Services, Kaah Express, BancABC.
Due to the ongoing cash crisis in Zimbabwe, we continue to work closely with our partners to do everything in our power to facilitate the collection of cash.