Please note:  According to the recent RBZ’s directive on transfers to company bank accounts, 80% of the amount you send to a corporate bank account will be deposited into your beneficiary’s Foreign Currency Account (FCA) with the remaining 20% converted to Zimbabwe dollars at the current exchange rate. Please note that transfers to individuals, churches, schools, NGOs, and non-profiting institutions will not be affected by this directive.

Which banks can I send to in Zimbabwe?

You can transfer money to any bank in Zimbabwe.

Back to top

What type of bank accounts can I send to in Zimbabwe?

You can send to checking/current and savings accounts of Steward Bank.

You can send to checking/current, savings and business accounts of all other banks.

Back to top

When will funds be credited to bank accounts in Zimbabwe?

Steward Bank:

  • Usually within 1 working day

Other banks:

  • Within 3 working days 

We will notify you and your recipient by email and SMS when funds are credited.

Please note: your transfer will appear as the 8-digit WorldRemit transaction reference number on your recipient’s bank statement.

We may sometimes require further information from you before we can process the transfer in order to comply with our regulatory requirements. We will email you if this is the case.

Back to top

What currencies can I send to bank accounts in Zimbabwe?

US Dollars (USD) only.

Back to top

How much can I send to bank accounts in Zimbabwe?

There may be limits depending on the country you are sending from and the payment method you use to fund the transfer. Please see the relevant section in Payments for more information.

Back to top

What information do I need from my recipient to send bank transfers to Zimbabwe?

  • Full name. Please enter your recipient’s full name.  To avoid any delays, the recipient’s name should match the name on their bank statement exactly.
  • Address. We need your recipient’s city.
  • Account details. We need your recipient’s (1) bank name, (2) branch name and (3) Nostro FCA account number.
  • Mobile number. We use this to send an SMS notification to your recipient informing them that their funds have been credited.
  • Sending reason. Please indicate whether it is “family or friend support,” “purchase of services,” “property payment,” or “sending fund to self”.
  • Email (optional). We use this to send an email to your recipient with details of the transaction. This is particularly useful in case they have issues receiving the SMS notifications.

Please ensure that all your recipient’s details are correct. Once you make your transaction, it is difficult for us to amend or stop the transfer, although we will always try our best to do so.

Back to top

What is the Zimbabwe Diaspora Remittance Incentive Scheme (DRIS) and how does it affect my bank transfer?

Please note: Effective 20 February 2019, the Zimbabwean government has discontinued The Diaspora Remittance Incentive Scheme (DRIS) programme.

Back to top

Send on the go and track your transfer with our app

A graphic of a phone screen, showing a family outside a house.
A graphic showing the screen of WorldRemit's app with a number keyboard at the bottom.
A graphic showing the screen of WorldRemit's app with a success message displayed.