What’s the fastest way to send money to Uganda?
Make a quick, simple and secure money transfer to Uganda using one of the five options below.
- Bank Transfer – Make a transfer to checking/current, savings and business accounts with all the major banks in Uganda and the funds will usually be credited within one working day.
- Cash Pickup – Send cash to Uganda that can be collected by your recipient from more than 15,000 locations across the country within minutes of the transfer being made.
- Mobile Money – Mobile money transfers to MTN Uganda will be credited instantly 24/7. Funds will be credited to Warid Pesa and Airtel Pesa wallets within one working day.
- WorldRemit Wallet – Send money directly to your recipient’s WorldRemit Wallet and the funds will usually be available instantly.
- Airtime Top-Up – It’s not just money you can send to Uganda with WorldRemit. You can also top-up phones on the MTN, Warid, Orange, Airtel, Africell and Smart networks within minutes so you can stay in touch.
What’s the best way to transfer money Uganda?
If you were making a purchase online or in a shop, you’d compare prices first to make sure you’re getting the best deal. You should do the same when transferring money to Uganda.
- Exchange rates – We offer extremely competitive exchange rates when converting your currency to Ugandan shillings (UGX) that are consistently better than you’ll receive We show you our exchange rates upfront so you can make sure more of your money ends up in your recipient’s pocket.
- Transfer fees – At WorldRemit, you pay a single, super-low fee on transfers to Uganda that we’ll show you upfront. There’s also nothing for your recipient to pay.
- Transfer times – If time is of the essence, we have transfer methods that can get your funds to your recipient within minutes.
- Transfer methods – With five different ways to send money to your loved ones in Uganda, you’re sure to find a convenient option for you.
It’s even better with our app
Download the WorldRemit app on Android and iOS to send money to Uganda using any smart device. Get the best rates with real-time Ugandan shilling currency alerts, enjoy easy repeat transfers and track your money wherever you are.