Send cash pickups to Uganda
See below for answers to your questions about sending cash pickups to Uganda.
Where can my recipient collect the funds in Uganda?
- WorldRemit network: Collect from any branches of Shumuk Forex Bureau, Supergate Forex Bureau, La-Cedri Bureau de Change, City Forex Bureau, Metropolitan Forex Bureau, Centenary Bank, Unimoni, Midwest Forex Bureau, Finca, Bank of Africa, Pride Microfinance, MoneyWorld, Diamond Trust Bank, Jetset Forex Bureau, Guild Frank Forex Bureau and Finance Trust Bank (click here for a list of those locations)
When will funds be available to collect in Uganda?
Usually within a few minutes. We may sometimes require further information from you before we can process the transfer in order to comply with our regulatory requirements. We will email you if this is the case.
What currencies can I send for cash pickups in Uganda?
Ugandan Shillings (UGX) only.
How much can I send for cash pickups in Uganda?
The maximum amount (per transfer) which you can send depends on the network. Please see below for more info:
- Metropolitan Forex - UGX 3,600,000 per transfer.
- MoneyWorld - UGX 10,000,000 per transfer.
- Unimoni - UGX 37,750,000 per transfer.
- La-Cedri Bureau de Change - UGX 20,000,000 per transfer.
- City Forex Bureau - UGX 22,000,000 per transfer.
- Midwest Forex Bureau - UGX 30,000,000 per transfer.
- Centenary Bank - UGX 35,900,000 per transfer.
- Finca - UGX 25,000,000 per transfer.
- Jetset Forex Bureau - UGX 15,000,000 per transfer.
- Finance Trust Bank - UGX 32,000,000 per transfer.
- Bank of Africa, Diamond Trust Bank, Guild Frank Forex Bureau, Pride Microfinance, Shumuk Forex Bureau, Supergate Forex Bureau: No fixed limit. However, we may require further information from you in order to process larger transfers.
There may be lower limits depending on the country where you are sending from and the payment method used to fund the transfer. Please see the relevant section in Payments for more info.
What information do I need from my recipient to send cash pickups to Uganda?
- Full name. Please enter your recipient’s full legal name. It must match their valid, government-issued photo ID for them to successfully collect their funds.
- Address. We need your recipient’s city.
- Mobile number. We use this to send an SMS notification to your recipient with the transaction reference number which they will need in order to collect the funds. We will also inform them when their funds are ready to be collected.
- Sending reason. Please indicate whether it is “family or friend support,” “purchase of services,” “property payment,” or “sending funds to self”.
- Email (optional). We use this to email your recipient with details of the transaction. This is particularly useful in case they have issues receiving the SMS notifications.
Please ensure that all your recipient’s details are correct. Once you make your transaction, it is difficult for us to amend or stop the transfer, although we will always try our best to do so.
What should my recipient show when collecting funds in Uganda?
WorldRemit network: Shumuk Forex Bureau, Supergate Forex Bureau, La-Cedri Bureau de Change, City Forex Bureau, Metropolitan Forex Bureau, Centenary Bank, Unimoni, Midwest Forex Bureau, Finca, Bank of Africa, Pride Microfinance, MoneyWorld, Diamond Trust Bank, Guild Frank Forex Bureau and Jetset Forex Bureau:
- Valid photo ID. This must be one of the following: Ugandan passport, national ID card, driving licence, or foreign passport with a valid visa or refugee card
- Quote “WorldRemit” and the 8-digit transaction reference number. We will notify you and your recipient by email and SMS when funds are ready to be collected and send the transaction reference number. Please quote this when collecting the funds.