Send bank transfers to Tanzania
See below for answers to your questions about sending money to Tanzania via bank transfers.
Which banks can I send to in Tanzania?
You can transfer money to all commercial banks in Tanzania.
What type of bank accounts can I send to in Tanzania?
- You can send to all types of TZS accounts such as checking / current, savings, and business accounts.
When will funds be credited to bank accounts in Tanzania?
Usually within the same day. We will notify you and your recipient by email and SMS when funds are credited.
We may sometimes require further information from you before we can process the transfer in order to comply with our regulatory requirements. We will email you if this is the case.
Your transaction will show as the WorldRemit 8-digit reference on your recipient’s bank statement.
What currencies can I send to bank accounts in Tanzania?
- Tanzanian Shillings (TZS)
How much can I send to bank accounts in Tanzania?
- TZS Accounts: A maximum of TZS 7,000,000 per transfer
There may be lower limits depending on the country where you are sending from and the payment method used to fund the transfer. Please see the relevant section in Payments for more info.
What information do I need from my recipient for bank transfers to Tanzania?
- Full name. Please enter your recipient’s full name. To avoid any delays, the recipient’s name should match the name on their bank statement exactly.
- Address. We need your recipient’s city.
- Account details. We need your recipient’s (1) bank name, (2) branch name and (3) account number. Account numbers are usually between 12-14 digits.
- Mobile number. We use this to send an SMS notification to your recipient informing them that their funds have been credited.
- Sending reason. Please indicate whether it is “family or friend support,” “purchase of services,” “property payment,” or “sending fund to self”.
- Email (optional). We use this to send an email to your recipient with details of your transaction (e.g. in case they have issues receiving the SMS notifications).
Please ensure that all your recipient’s details are correct. Once you make your transaction, it is difficult for us to amend or stop the transfer, although we will always try our best to do so.