Click on any of the following links for more information on sending bank transfers to Senegal:
- Which banks can I send to in Senegal?
- What type of accounts can I send to in Senegal?
- When will funds be credited to bank accounts in Senegal?
- What currencies can I send to bank accounts in Senegal?
- How much can I send to bank accounts in Senegal?
- What information do I need from my recipient to send bank transfers to Senegal?
Which banks can I send to in Senegal?
You can send transfers to any bank in Senegal.
What type of accounts can I send to in Senegal?
You can send to any account with a Basic Bank Account Number (BBAN).
When will funds be credited to bank accounts in Senegal?
Usually within 1-2 working days. We will notify you and your recipient by email and SMS when funds are credited.
We may sometimes require further information from you before we can process the transfer in order to comply with our regulatory requirements. We will email you if this is the case.
What currencies can I send to bank accounts in Senegal?
CFA Franc BCEAO (XOF) only.
How much can I send to bank accounts in Senegal?
No fixed limit.
There may be lower limits depending on the country where you are sending from and the payment method used to fund the transfer. Please see the relevant section in Payments for more info.
What information do I need from my recipient to send bank transfers to Senegal?
- Full name. To avoid any delays, the recipient’s name should match the name on their bank statement exactly.
- Address. We need your recipient’s city.
- Sending reason. Please indicate whether it is “family or friend support,” “purchase of services,” “property payment,” or “sending funds to self”.
- Account details. The Basic Bank Account Number (BBAN) is 24 characters in total (no spaces or dashes). This consists of 5 character bank code, 5 digit branch code, 12 digit account number and 2 digit RIB key (e.g. ABCDE1234501234567891000)
- Mobile number. We use this to send an SMS notification to your recipient with the transaction reference number which they will need in order to collect the funds. We will also inform them when their funds are ready to be collected.
- Email (optional). We use this to email your recipient with details of the transaction. This is particularly useful in case they have issues receiving the SMS notifications.
Please ensure that all your recipient’s details are correct. Once you make your transaction, it is difficult for us to amend or stop the transfer, although we will always try our best to do so.