- How much can I send for cash pickups to Rwanda?
- What does my recipient need to show when collecting funds in Rwanda?
- What information do I need from my recipient to send cash pickups to Rwanda?
- What currencies can I send for cash pickups in Rwanda?
- When will funds be available to be collect In Rwanda?
- Where can my recipient collect the funds Rwanda?
How much can I send for cash pickups to Rwanda?
Branches of Amasezerano Community Banking:
- RWF 1,800,000 per transaction
Branches of Unimoni Rwanda:
- RWF 3,800,000 per transaction
There may be lower limits depending on the country where you are sending from and the payment method used to fund the transfer. Please see the relevant section in Payments for more info.
What does my recipient need to show when collecting funds in Rwanda?
Unimoni and GTBank Rwanda:
- Valid photo ID. This must one of the following: Rwandan passport, national ID card, driving licence, or foreign passport with a valid visa or refugee card
- Quote “WorldRemit” and the 8-digit transaction reference number. We’ll notify you and your recipient by email and SMS when funds are ready to be collected and send a transaction reference number. Please quote this when collecting the funds.
What information do I need from my recipient to send cash pickups to Rwanda?
- Full name. Please enter your recipient’s full legal name. It must match their valid, government-issued photo ID for them to successfully collect their funds.
- Address. We need your recipient’s city.
- Mobile number. We use this to send an SMS notification to your recipient with the transaction reference number which they will need in order to collect the funds. We will also inform them when their funds are ready to be collected.
- Sending reason. Please indicate whether it is “family or friend support,” “purchase of services,” “property payment,” or “sending funds to self”.
- Email (optional). We use this to email your recipient with details of the transaction. This is particularly useful in case they have issues receiving the SMS notifications.
Please ensure that all your recipient’s details are correct. Once you make your transaction, it is difficult for us to amend or stop the transfer, although we will always try our best to do so.
What currencies can I send for cash pickups in Rwanda?
Rwandan Franc (RWF) only.
When will funds be available to be collect In Rwanda?
Usually within a few minutes. We may sometimes require further information from you before we can process the transfer in order to comply with our regulatory requirements. We will email you if this is the case.
Where can my recipient collect the funds Rwanda?
Any Unimoni or GTBank Rwanda branches.