Send cash pickups to Peru
See below for answers to your questions about sending money to Peru via cash pickup.
Where can my recipient collect the funds in Peru?
You can select from one of the following network options when creating a transfer:
- BTS network: You can collect from branches of Banco Continental, Banco Interbank Peru and Elektra Peru
- Banco de Crédito network: You can collect from branches of Banco de Crédito
When will funds be available to collect in Peru?
Usually within a few minutes. We may sometimes require further information from you before we can process the transfer in order to comply with our regulatory requirements. We will email you if this is the case.
What currencies can I send when sending cash pickups to Peru?
US Dollar (USD) only.
How much can I send when sending cash pickups to Peru?
Branches of Banco Continental:
- Max per transaction = USD 500
- Max per day = USD 1,000
- Max per month = USD 1,000
Branches of Banco Elektra and Banco Interbank Peru:
- Max per transaction = USD 1,500
Branches of Banco de Crédito:
- Max per transaction = equivalent of USD 10,000
There may be lower limits depending on the country where you are sending from and the payment method used to fund the transfer. Please see the relevant section in payments for more info.
What information do I need from my recipient when sending bank transfers to Peru?
- Full name. Please enter your recipient’s full legal name. It must match their valid, government-issued photo ID for them to successfully collect their funds.
- Address. We need your recipient’s city.
- Mobile number. We use this to send an SMS notification to your recipient with the transaction reference number which they will need in order to collect the funds. We will also inform them when their funds are ready to be collected.
- Sending reason. Please indicate whether it is “family or friend support,” “purchase of services,” “property payment,” or “sending funds to self”.
- Email (optional). We use this to email your recipient with details of the transaction. This is particularly useful in case they have issues receiving the SMS notifications.
Please ensure that all your recipient’s details are correct. Once you make your transaction, it is difficult for us to amend or stop the transfer, although we will always try our best to do so.
What should my recipient show when collecting funds in Peru?
Valid photo ID. This must be one of the following:
- National ID card
- Driving licence
Quote “BTS” and provide 11-digit transaction reference number. We will notify you and your recipient by email and SMS when funds are ready to be collected and send the transaction reference number. Please quote this when collecting the funds.
For Banco de Crédito provide 11-digit transaction reference number which starts with MMTR. We will notify you and your recipient by email and SMS when funds are ready to be collected and send the transaction reference number. Please quote this when collecting the funds.