Send mobile money to Pakistan
See below for answers to your questions about sending money to Pakistan via mobile money.
Which mobile money accounts can I send to in Pakistan?
The mobile money account must be (1) fully registered and (2) active.
When will funds be credited to mobile money accounts in Pakistan?
Speed: Within 2 hours / Next working day (please see below for more information)
Please make sure that your recipient’s name matches the name on registered on their JazzCash mobile account; otherwise it may take up to 1 working day.
We will notify you and your recipient by email and SMS when funds are credited. We may sometimes require further information from you before we can process the transfer in order to comply with our regulatory requirements. We will email you if this is the case.
What currencies can I send to mobile money accounts in Pakistan?
Pakistani Rupee (PKR) only.
How much can I send to mobile money accounts in Pakistan?
- A maximum of PKR 50,000 per transfer
- A maximum of PKR 80,000 per 30 days
- Your recipient’s JazzCash mobile money account can only have a maximum balance of PKR 50,000 at any given moment. Please ensure that your recipient’s account has sufficient capacity for the transfer to be processed successfully. Your recipient can do this by reducing the balance in their account.
There may be lower limits depending on the country where you are sending from and the payment method used to fund the transfer. Please see the relevant section in Payments for more info.
What information do I need from my recipient to send mobile money to Pakistan?
- Full name. Please make sure that your recipient’s name matches the name on registered on their JazzCash mobile account; otherwise it may take up to 1 working day.
- Address. We need your recipient’s city.
- Mobile money account number:
- Fully registered and active JazzCash mobile money accounts only.
- Length: 10 digits in total (excluding country code). JazzCash mobile money account numbers generally begin with 3.
- Contact mobile number. We use this number to send SMS notifications to your recipient when the funds have been credited. This can be different from the mobile money account number.
- Sending reason. Please indicate whether it is “family or friend support,” “purchase of services,” “property payment,” or “sending fund to self”.
Please ensure that all your recipient’s details are correct. Once you make your transaction, it is difficult for us to amend or stop the transfer, although we will always try our best to do so.
What fees does my recipient pay in Pakistan?
WorldRemit does not charge your recipient any additional fees for the mobile money transaction.
However, some local operators may charge them a fee when they withdraw funds as cash. This depends on the mobile operator’s policy and is not determined by WorldRemit.