- Where can my recipient collect the funds in Mexico?
- When will funds be available to be collect in Mexico?
- What currencies can I send for cash pickups in Mexico?
- How much can I send for cash pickups to Mexico?
- What information do I need from my recipient to collect funds in Mexico?
- What should my recipient show when collecting funds in Mexico?
Where can my recipient collect the funds in Mexico?
You can collect from branches of:
- Banco Azteca
- BBVA Bancomer
- Telecomm Telegrafos
- Pagos Intermex
Please note: If your recipient is collecting at a Bancoppel branch, the state/department you will enter for your recipient’s address is the only state/department in which the recipient can collect, excluding Estado de Mexico and Mexico City.
- Eg. if you send to a Bancoppel recipient with an address in Colima, the recipient can only collect at Bancoppel branches in Colima.
When will funds be available to be collect in Mexico?
Usually within a few minutes. We may sometimes require further information from you before we can process the transfer in order to comply with our regulatory requirements. We will email you if this is the case.
What currencies can I send for cash pickups in Mexico?
Mexican Peso (MXN) only.
How much can I send for cash pickups to Mexico?
Branches of Banco Azteca:
- Max amount per transfer = MXN 50,000
- Max amount per day = MXN 50,000
- Max amount per month = MXN 65,000
- In state of Tamaulipas there is a MXN 8,000 daily limit
Branches of BBVA Bancomer:
- Max amount per transfer = USD 500 equivalent in MXN
- Max amount per day = USD 1,000 equivalent in MXN
Branches of Bancoppel:
- Max amount per transfer = MXN 34,000
- Max amount per month = MXN 68,000
Branches of Telecomm Telegrafos:
- The limit will be decided on your send country and payment method
Branches of Pagos Intermex
- Max amount per transfer = USD 1,500 equivalent in MXN
- Max amount per month = USD 15,000 equivalent in MXN
There may be lower limits depending on the country where you are sending from and the payment method used to fund the transfer. Please see the relevant section in Payments for more info.
What information do I need from my recipient to collect funds in Mexico?
- Full name. Please enter your recipient’s full legal name. It must match their valid, government-issued photo ID for them to successfully collect their funds.
- Address. We need your recipient’s city.
- Mobile number. We use this to send an SMS notification to your recipient with the transaction number, informing them that their funds are ready to be collected.
- Sending reason. Please indicate whether it is “family or friend support,” “purchase of services,” “property payment,” or “sending funds to self”.
- Email (optional). We use this to email your recipient with details of the transaction. This is particularly useful in case they have issues receiving the SMS notifications.
Please ensure that all your recipient’s details are correct. Once you make your transaction, it is difficult for us to amend or stop the transfer, although we will always try our best to do so.
What should my recipient show when collecting funds in Mexico?
Identification. This must be one of the following government-issued IDs:
- Mexican driver’s license
- Government issued ID card
Quote “BTS” and provide 11-digit transaction reference number. We will notify you and your recipient by email and SMS when funds are ready to be collected and send the transaction reference number. Please quote this when collecting the funds.