Click on any of the following links for more information on sending mobile money to Indonesia:
- Which mobile money accounts can I send to in Indonesia?
- When will funds be credited when sending mobile money to Indonesia?
- What currencies can I send to mobile money accounts in Indonesia?
- How much can I send to mobile money accounts in Indonesia?
- What information do I need from my recipient when sending mobile money to Indonesia?
- What fees does my recipient pay in Indonesia?
Which mobile money accounts can I send to in Indonesia?
You can send to any Indosat Dompetku mobile money account.
The mobile money account must be (1) fully registered and (2) active.
When will funds be credited when sending mobile money to Indonesia?
We will notify you and your recipient by email and SMS when funds are credited. We may sometimes require further information from you before we can process the transfer in order to comply with our regulatory requirements. We will email you if this is the case.
What currencies can I send to mobile money accounts in Indonesia?
Indonesian Rupiah (IDR) only.
How much can I send to mobile money accounts in Indonesia?
- Indosat has 2 levels of mobile money accounts (ie. fully registered & partially registered). The maximum limit per transfer depends on the type of account that your recipient has. In order to be fully registered, your recipient will need to have completed the “know your customer” (KYC) registration process with Indosat.
- Max per transfer (partially registered accounts) = IDR 1,000,000
- Max per transfer (fully registered accounts) = IDR 10,000,000
- Max account balance (fully registered accounts) = IDR 10,000,000
- If your recipient has not fully registered their account and you are sending more than IDR 1,000,000 then Indosat will automatically send an SMS to your recipient asking them to complete the registration process. They will then have a 14 day period to complete this, after which the transfer may be rejected.
- Please ensure that your recipient’s account has sufficient capacity for the transfer to be processed successfully. Your recipient can do this by reducing the balance in their account.
What information do I need from my recipient when sending mobile money to Indonesia?
- Full name. Please enter your recipient’s full name. To avoid any delays, the recipient’s name should match the name registered on their mobile money account.
- Address. We need your recipient’s city.
- Mobile money account number. Fully registered and active Indosat Dompetku mobile money accounts only.
- Contact mobile number. We use this number to send SMS notifications to your recipient when the funds have been credited. This can be different from the mobile money account number.
- Sending reason. Please indicate whether it is “family or friend support,” “purchase of services,” “property payment,” or “sending fund to self”.
Please ensure that all your recipient’s details are correct. Once you make your transaction, it is difficult for us to amend or stop the transfer, although we will always try our best to do so.
What fees does my recipient pay in Indonesia?
WorldRemit does not charge your recipient any additional fees for the mobile money transaction.
However, some local operators may charge them a fee when they withdraw funds as cash. This depends on the mobile operator’s policy and is not determined by WorldRemit.