Send mobile money to your loved ones' phones in an instant
Mobile Money is an electronic wallet service that’s available in over 80 countries. It works on smartphones and basic feature phones offering a good alternative to bank accounts.
How? By enabling users to store, send and receive money using their mobile phone. They can buy things in shops or online, pay bills and school fees or top-up mobile airtime – all from their mobile phones
WorldRemit is a global leader in mobile money transactions. With the biggest international network, we make it so easy to send money to any mobile money account.
We send over 180,000 mobile money transfers worldwide every month. But remember, mobile money is just one of four ways of sending with WorldRemit.
Here’s how it works
After checking your recipient has a mobile money account, simply use the blue box on this page and then:
- Select country you want to send to
- Select how you want to send
- Enter the amount you want to send – our low fees and exchange rate will be clearly shown
Then, you'll be directed to another page to:
- Create an account if you don't have one (you will be asked for your address, email, phone number)
- Enter your recipient's details – choose from a list of people you've already sent to, or add a new person by entering their details: name, address and mobile phone number (in most cases this is the money account number)
- Pay. Choose how you want to pay – bank account, debit/credit card, SOFORT, INTERAC, POLI or iDEAL (web) – then confirm the amount.
Mobile money usually arrives in your recipient’s mobile wallet instantly. Plus, you and your recipient will be alerted by SMS and email when the transaction is complete.
How can family and friends sign up for mobile money?
To see if mobile money is available in the country you want to send to, simply check on the blue box above. Most mobile money services are offered by local mobile telecoms operators and some by banks or other companies.
It’s easy to register for a mobile money account. All your recipient needs to do is visit their local mobile money agent and bring a form of identification, such as a valid passport, driver’s license or a government ID.
A choice of ways to send money
If mobile money isn’t available in the country you want to send to, there are other ways to send with WorldRemit, including:
Cash pickup: send money that can be picked up almost instantly (in most countries) from cash pickup locations. Find out more.
Bank deposit: Send money directly to your recipient’s bank account. Find out more.
Airtime top-up: send an airtime top-up to add talk-time or data allowance to your recipient’s mobile phone. Find out more.
Why people all over the world send money with us
Every month we seamlessly handle over half a million money transfers, including mobile money transfers.
- Low cost. Our fees are extremely competitive and our exchange rates are guaranteed
- Fast. Send money and airtime to family and friends in a matter of minutes. And, in most cases, they’ll receive it instantly
- Simple. The service is so easy to use. But if you do have any queries we’re here to help anytime, night or day. Contact us here
- Secure. Thanks to our industry-leading technology, you know that your hard-earned money is guaranteed to arrive safely to the people you care for every time.
“Easy & fast.
Have found WorldRemit easy to use with transfer of funds done in minutes”.
Nancy Lavender on TrustPilot
All your questions answered
If you have a question, you’ll probably find the answer on our FAQ page.
If you don’t find the answer you’re looking for, we’re here to help 24/7. Contact us here.