Send cash pickups to Ghana
See below for answers to your questions about sending money to Ghana via Cash Pickup.
Where can my recipient collect the funds in Ghana?
Your recipient can collect from any branch of:
- Access Bank (Gh) Ltd
- ADB Bank Gh Ltd
- Apex Bank Gh Ltd
- Consolidated Bank Ghana Ltd
- Ecobank (Gh) Ltd
- FBNBank Ghana Ltd
- Fidelity Bank Ghana Ltd
- First Atlantic Bank Ltd
- GCB Bank Ltd
- Golden Link
- Guaranty Trust (Gh) Ltd
- Omnibank Ghana Ltd
- Prudential Bank Ltd
- Republic Bank (Gh) Ltd
- Sinapi Aba
- United Bank for Africa
- Universal Merchant Bank
- Zenith Bank Limited
When will funds be available to be collected in Ghana?
Usually within a few minutes. We may sometimes require further information from you before we can process the transfer in order to comply with our regulatory requirements. We will email you if this is the case.
What currencies can I send for cash pickups in Ghana?
Ghanaian Cedi (GHS) only.
How much can I send for cash pickups to Ghana?
A maximum of GHS 32,000 per day and per transfer.
There may be lower limits depending on the country where you are sending from and the payment method used to fund the transfer. Please see the relevant section in Payments for more info.
What information do I need from my recipient to send cash pickups to Ghana?
- Full name. Please enter your recipient’s full legal name. It must match their valid, government-issued photo ID for them to successfully collect their funds.
- Address. We need your recipient’s city.
- Mobile number. We use this to send an SMS notification to your recipient with the transaction reference number which they will need in order to collect the funds. We will also inform them when their funds are ready to be collected.
- Sending reason. Please indicate whether it is “family or friend support,” “purchase of services,” “property payment,” or “sending fund to self”.
- Email (optional). We use this to email your recipient with details of the transaction This is particularly useful in case they have issues receiving the SMS notifications.
Please ensure that all your recipient’s details are correct. Once you make your transaction, it’s difficult for us to amend or stop the transfer, although we will always try our best to do so.
What should my recipient show when collecting funds in Ghana?
Valid photo ID. This must be one of the following:
- Ghanaian passport
- Ghanaian driver’s licence
- Other government issued photo IDs
13-digit transaction reference number. We will notify you and your recipient by email and SMS when funds are ready to be collected and send a transaction reference number. Please quote this when collecting the funds.