You can transfer money via WorldRemit from Japan to 140+ destinations across the world. Please click on any link below for more information.
For more general information on how WorldRemit works and how you can create a transfer, please visit our Getting Started pages.
- How do I pay for my transfer from Japan?
- What is the verification process in Japan
- How can I send you my ID from Japan?
- Where can I transfer money to from Japan?
- Is there anything else I need to know about sending from Japan?
How do I pay for my transfer from Japan?
When sending money from Japan, you can pay for your transfer using any of the the following ways:
- Bank Transfer
- The maximum send amount per 24 hours is JPY 1,000,000
- The maximum send amount per transaction is JPY 1,000,000
- Our Japanese bank details are:
Bank Name: Mitsui Sumitomo Banking Corporation (Bank Code 0009)
Branch: Head Office (Branch Code 200)
Account Type: Savings
Account Number: 3712969
- If payment is not received within 7 days of the transaction being created, it will be automatically voided.
Currently we are unable to accept card payments from Japan. This could change in the future, so please do check back often.
What is the verification process in Japan
To comply with Japanese regulations we need to fully verify all customers sending from Japan.
To do this, we are required to confirm the following for all customers:
- Full name
- Date of birth
- Residential address
To do this, we will need a number of documents from you.
- Government issued photo ID
- Current Japanese passport
- Current Japan Driving Licence
- Current Japan residence permit
- My Number Card
We need to see both the front and back of your My Number Card.
- Proof of address
To verify your address we need to see a utility bill. This must not be older than 6 months, and the address printed on this must match that on your WorldRemit account. Bills we can accept are:
- Telephone bill
- Electricity / gas bill
- Water bill
- Registered mail
Finally, we will send you a letter through Japan Post to your home address. This is a registered letter that includes our terms and conditions and must be signed for. If you are not at home when the letter is delivered, it will be held at your local Post Office for you to collect.
Please note, until we have completed ID verification we will be unable to complete your transfer.
How can I send you my ID from Japan?
Click here to upload your photo ID now
Click here to upload address documents now.
Where can I transfer money to from Japan?
You can transfer money to 140+ destinations in the world, and in various payout options including mobile money transfers, cash pickup, bank transfers and airtime top-up so it is always convenient for your recipient. Please refer to our Send To pages for more information.
Is there anything else I need to know about sending from Japan?
The type of document we require will vary upon what we need to clarify.
- If you are providing photo ID, it needs to include the following:
- Your photograph
- Your full name
- Your date of birth
- The expiry date (the documents MUST NOT be expired)
- The two lines of letters and numbers at the bottom of the document (The MRZ)
- If you are proving proof of address, it needs to include the following:
- Your full name
- Your full current residential address
- Please send a high quality image. If the image is unclear we may ask for another copy.
- We need to see the full document including all four corners. If we cannot see the full document we may ask for another copy.