You can transfer money via WorldRemit from Japan to 140+ destinations across the world. Please click on any link below for more information.

For more general information on how WorldRemit works and how you can create a transfer, please visit our Getting Started pages.

How do I pay for my transfer from Japan?

When sending money from Japan, you can pay for your transfer using any of the the following ways:

  • Bank Transfer
    • The maximum send amount per 24 hours is JPY 1,000,000
    • The maximum send amount per transaction is JPY 1,000,000
    • If payment is not received within 7 days of the transaction being created, it will be automatically voided.
    • Our Japanese bank details are:
  • Bank Name: Mitsui Sumitomo Banking Corporation (Bank Code 0009)
    Branch: Head Office (Branch Code 200)
    Account Type: Savings
    Account Number: 3712969
  • Debit cards
    • The maximum send amount per 24 hours is JPY 1,000,000
    • The maximum send amount per transaction is JPY 600,000
    • Please note, we cannot currently accept credit cards from Japan

Click the link for more information on card payments.

Zurück zum Anfang

What is the verification process in Japan

To comply with Japanese regulations we need to fully verify all customers sending from Japan.

To do this, we are required to confirm the following for all customers:

  • Full name
  • Date of birth
  • Residential address

To do this, we will need a number of documents from you.

  1. Government issued photo ID
  • Current Japanese passport
  • Current Japan Driving Licence
  • Current Japan residence permit
  1. My Number Card

We need to see both the front and back of your My Number Card.

  1. Proof of address

To verify your address we need to see a utility bill. This must not be older than 6 months, and the address printed on this must match that on your WorldRemit account. Bills we can accept are:

  • Telephone bill
  • Electricity / gas bill
  • Water bill
  1. ‘Selfie’ photograph

We need to see a live photograph of you taken with a webcam at the time of making a transaction.

Please note, until we have completed ID verification we will be unable to complete your transfer. 

Zurück zum Anfang

How can I send you my ID from Japan?

Click here to upload your photo ID now

Click here to upload address documents now.

Zurück zum Anfang

Where can I transfer money to from Japan?

You can transfer money to 140+ destinations in the world, and in various payout options including mobile money transfers, cash pickup, bank transfers and airtime top-up so it is always convenient for your recipient. Please refer to our Send To pages for more information.

Zurück zum Anfang

Is there anything else I need to know about sending from Japan?

The type of document we require will vary upon what we need to clarify.

  • If you are providing photo ID, it needs to include the following:
    • Your photograph
    • Your full name
    • Your date of birth
    • The expiry date (the documents MUST NOT be expired)
    • The two lines of letters and numbers at the bottom of the document (The MRZ)
  • If you are proving proof of address, it needs to include the following:
    • Your full name
    • Your full current residential address
  • Please send a high quality image. If the image is unclear we may ask for another copy.
  • We need to see the full document including all four corners. If we cannot see the full document we may ask for another copy.

Zurück zum Anfang