You can transfer money via WorldRemit from South Africa to 140+ destinations across the world. Please click on any link below for more information.
- How do I pay for my transfer in South Africa?
- What type of document do you accept to verify my identity in South Africa?
- Why do I need to provide ID in South Africa?
- How can I send you my ID in South Africa?
- Where can I transfer money to in South Africa?
- Why do you need to know my residential status in South Africa?
- Is there anything else I need to know in South Africa?
How do I pay for my transfer in South Africa?
When sending money from South Africa, you can pay for your transfer using any of the the following ways:
- Debit, credit or prepaid cards:
- The maximum send amount per month is 10,000 Rand
- The maximum send amount per transaction is 3,000 Rand
- For more information on card payments, see the section here.
What type of document do you accept to verify my identity in South Africa?
To verify your name and date of birth we will need one of the following:
- Current passport
- Current South Africa Driving Licence
- Current South Africa residence permit
To upload your photo ID now, click here
Your document needs to show your FULL name and FULL date of birth to be accepted.
Please note, until we have completed ID verification we may be unable to complete your transfer.
If we ask you to verify your address, we need to see a bank statement or utility bill. The document you provide must not be older than 6 months, and the address printed on this must match that on your WorldRemit account. Bills we can accept are:
- Telephone bill
- Electricity / gas bill
- Water bill
To upload your address document now, click here.
Why do I need to provide ID in South Africa?
Every customer needs to have their identity verified at some stage when using WorldRemit. Part of this process involves photo ID and address verification.
How can I send you my ID in South Africa?
Please only use the secure links below to upload your documents for verification.
We kindly ask that you DO NOT email us your documents.
Doing so is likely to result in delays with processing your transaction as you will be requested to upload your documents again via the secure links mentioned above.
Where can I transfer money to in South Africa?
You can transfer money to 140+ destinations in the world using the payout option most convenient for your recipient (eg. as mobile money transfer, cash pickup, bank transfer, airtime top-up etc.). Please refer to our Send To pages for more information.
Why do you need to know my residential status in South Africa?
The South African Reserve Bank uses this information to complete their 'Balance of Payments' reporting. WorldRemit has to collect and share this information with the Reserve Bank as a requirement for processing money transfers from South Africa.
For more information click here.
Is there anything else I need to know in South Africa?
The type of document we require will depend on what we need to clarify.
1. If you are providing photo ID, it needs to include the following:
- Your photograph
- Your full name
- Your full date of birth
- The expiry date (the documents MUST NOT be expired)
- The two lines of letters and numbers at the bottom of the document (The MRZ)
2. Please upload a high-quality image. If the image is unclear we may ask you to upload another copy.
3. We need to see the full document including all four corners. If we cannot see the full document we may ask for another copy.