- Where can my recipient collect the funds in El Salvador?
- When will funds be available to be collected in El Salvador?
- What currencies can I send for cash pickups in El Salvador?
- How much can I send for cash pickups in El Salvador?
- What information do I need from my recipient to collect funds in El Salvador?
- What should my recipient show when collecting funds in El Salvador?
Where can my recipient collect the funds in El Salvador?
You can select from one of the following network options when creating a transfer:
- Banco Agrícola
- Credomatic El Salvador
- Banco Azteca El Salvador
- Davivienda El Salvador
When will funds be available to be collected in El Salvador?
Usually within an hour. We may sometimes require further information from you before we can process the transfer in order to comply with our regulatory requirements. We will email you if this is the case.
What currencies can I send for cash pickups in El Salvador?
US Dollars (USD) only.
How much can I send for cash pickups in El Salvador?
The maximum amount (per transfer) which you can send depends on the network branch. Please see below for more info:
- Banco Agricola: USD 1,500 per transfer
- Credomatic El Salvador: USD 1,500 per transfer
- Banco Azteca El Salvador: USD 1,000 per transfer
- Fedecredito: USD 1,500 per transfer
- Fedecaces: USD 1,500 per transfer
- Davivienda El Salvador: USD 1,500 per transfer
There may be lower limits depending on the country where you are sending from and the payment method used to fund the transfer. Please see the relevant section in Payment for more info.
What information do I need from my recipient to collect funds in El Salvador?
- Full name. Please enter your recipient’s full legal name. It must match their valid, government-issued photo ID for them to successfully collect their funds.
- Address. We need your recipient’s city.
- Mobile number. We use this to send an SMS notification to your recipient with the transaction reference number which they will need in order to collect the funds. We will also inform them when their funds are ready to be collected.
- Sending reason. Please indicate whether it is “family or friend support,” “purchase of services,” “property payment,” or “sending funds to self”.
- Email (optional). We use this to email your recipient with details of the transaction. This is particularly useful in case they have issues receiving the SMS notifications.
Please ensure that all your recipient’s details are correct. Once you make your transaction, it is difficult for us to amend or stop the transfer, although we will always try our best to do so.
What should my recipient show when collecting funds in El Salvador?
For Banco Agrícola, Credomic El Salvador, Banco Azteca El Salvador, Fedecredito, Fedecaces, Davivienda El Salvador:
- Valid photo ID. This must one of the following: El Salvador passport, national ID card, driving licence, or foreign passport with a valid visa or refugee card.
- Quote “WorldRemit” and the 11-digit transaction reference number. We’ll notify you and your recipient by email and SMS when funds are ready to be collected and send the transaction reference number. Please quote this when collecting the funds.
Important information if collecting from Fedecredito:
- Associated branches of this network can request DUI (Documento Único de Identidad - Unique Identity Document) and NIT (Tax Identification Number) to pay out amounts higher than USD 1,000.