From Metápan to La Unión WorldRemit has El Salvador covered.
- The fast, simple way to send money to friends and family
- Industry-leading payment security
- Use on a computer, smartphone or tablet
How to send money to El Salvador
1. Choose how you want to send: select cash pickup, bank deposit, mobile money transfer or airtime top-up, and enter the amount you want to send. You'll see our low fees and exchange rate up front.
2. Enter your recipient's details: choose from a list of people you’ve sent to in the past, or add a new recipient.
3. Pay for the transfer: both you and the recipient will get notifications by SMS and email when the money is sent and received.
Bank depositSame day
- Available for Banco Agrícola, Banco Davivienda, and Fedecrédito only
- Credited on the same day
Cash pickupInstant transfer
- Cash is available to collect instantly from any branch of:
Banco Agrícola, Credomatic El Salvador, Banco Azteca El Salvador, Fedecredito, Fedecaces, and Davivienda El Salvador.
- Recipients must quote their 11-digit reference number when collecting money.
- They will also be required to show identification.
- The maximum you can send per transaction is $ 1,500
Mobile MoneyInstant transfer
You can now send money to any Tigo Money account in El Salvador. Tigo Money is the leading mobile financial service in Latin America. It offers a wide range of benefits, including sending and receiving money, paying utility bills, mobile top-up and much more!
- Money is added instantly to Tigo Money accounts.
- Please check that the recipient already has a Tigo Money account.
- You will need the recipient's Tigo mobile number.