Click on any of the following links for more information on sending bank transfers to El Salvador:
- Which banks can I send to in El Salvador?
- What type of bank accounts can I send to in El Salvador?
- When will funds be credited to bank accounts in El Salvador?
- What currencies can I send to bank accounts in El Salvador?
- How much can I send to bank accounts in El Salvador?
- What information do I need from my recipient to send bank transfers to El Salvador?
Which banks can I send to in El Salvador?
You can transfer money to any of the following banks in El Salvador:
- Banco Agrícola
- Banco Davivienda
What type of bank accounts can I send to in El Salvador?
You can send to personal accounts only; business accounts are not accepted.
When will funds be credited to bank accounts in El Salvador?
Usually within the same day. We’ll notify you and your recipient by email and SMS when funds are credited.
We may sometimes require further information from you before we can process the transfer in order to comply with our regulatory requirements. We will email you if this is the case.
What currencies can I send to bank accounts in El Salvador?
US Dollars (USD) only.
How much can I send to bank accounts in El Salvador?
A maximum of USD 1,500 per transfer.
There may be lower limits depending on the country where you are sending from and the payment method used to fund the transfer. Please see the relevant section in Payment for more info.
What information do I need from my recipient to send bank transfers to El Salvador?
- Full name. Please enter your recipient’s full name. To avoid any delays, the recipient’s name should match the name on their bank statement exactly (e.g. Maria Angela Zaragosa Garcia instead of putting only Maria Garcia).
- Address. We need your recipient’s city and state.
- Account details. We need your recipient’s (1) bank name, (2) branch name and (3) account number.
- Mobile number - We use this to send an SMS notification to your recipient informing them that their funds have been credited (transaction MUST include a valid phone number for recipient per bank restrictions).
- Sending reason. Please indicate whether it is “family or friend support,” “purchase of services,” “property payment,” or “sending fund to self”.
- Email (optional). We use this to send an email to your recipient with details of the transaction. This is particularly useful in case they have issues receiving the SMS notifications.
Please ensure that all your recipient’s details are correct. Once you make your transaction, it is difficult for us to amend or stop the transfer, although we will always try our best to do so.