Send bank transfers to the Dominican Republic
See below for answers to your questions about sending money to the Dominican Republic via Bank Transfer.
Which banks can I send to in Dominican Republic?
You can send transfers to Banreservas, Banco BHD, and all other major banks in the Dominican Republic.
What type of bank accounts can I send to in Dominican Republic?
You can send to checking and savings accounts.
When will funds be credited to bank accounts in Dominican Republic?
We may sometimes require further information from you before we can process the transfer in order to comply with our regulatory requirements. We will email you if this is the case.
What currencies can I send to bank accounts in Dominican Republic?
Dominican Peso (DOP) and US Dollar (USD).
How much can I send to bank accounts in Dominican Republic?
The maximum you can send per transaction is DOP 153,000 (approximately USD 3,000.00)
There may be lower limits depending on the country where you are sending from and the payment method used to fund the transfer. Please see the relevant section in Payments for more info.
What information do I need from my recipient to send bank transfers to the Dominican Republic?
- Full name. To avoid any delays, the recipient’s name should match the name on their bank statement exactly.
- Address. We need your recipient’s city.
- Account details. We need your recipient’s (1) bank name, (2) account type, and (3) account number.
- Mobile number. We use this to send an SMS notification to your recipient informing them that their funds have been credited.
- Sending reason. Please indicate whether it is “family or friend support,” “purchase of services,” “property payment,” or “sending fund to self”.
- Email (optional). We use this to send an email to your recipient with details of the transaction. This is particularly useful in case they have issues receiving the SMS notifications.
Please ensure that all your recipient’s details are correct. Once you make your transaction, it is difficult for us to amend or stop the transfer, although we will always try our best to do so.