Bancolombia is a full-service bank in Colombia, offering a broad range of financial products and services to personal and corporate customers. It’s the biggest bank in Colombia with close to 900 branches and is one of the largest in Latin America, with branches in Panama, Puerto Rico, El Salvador, Peru, Guatemala and the Cayman Islands.
The different ways to send money to Bancolombia
With WorldRemit, there are two quick, simple and secure ways you can send money to Bancolombia from over 50 countries around the world. You can send money to a Bancolombia bank account directly via an international bank transfer. Or, you can send money for cash pickup so the person you’re sending the money to can collect physical cash from any Bancolombia branch.
How do you make a bank transfer to Bancolombia?
When you make a bank transfer to Bancolombia, we’ll send you and your recipient a text message and/or email to confirm when the funds have been credited to their account. There are no maximum limits when sending bank transfers to Bancolombia and the funds will be credited within 24 hours.
Making a bank transfer to Bancolombia with WorldRemit is easy using the ‘Send to’ box at the top of this page:
- Choose ‘Bank Deposit’ as your transfer method
- Select ‘Deposits to Bancolombia COP accounts’ as your payout-network
- Enter the amount you want to send and you’ll see the exchange rate and our low fees
- Click the ‘Send’ button
You’ll then be diverted to another page to:
- Create a free account if you don’t already have one
- Choose from a list of people you’ve sent to before or add the details of a new recipient
- Select how you want to pay and confirm the amount
- You and your recipient will receive SMS notifications once the transfer has been made
How do you send money for cash pickup to Bancolombia?
You might prefer to send money for cash pickup to Bancolombia instead. The money is usually ready to collect from any branch of Bancolombia in minutes, which makes it an effective way to get money to your friends and family very quickly. There is a USD 7,000 cash pickup limit for Bancolombia customers and a USD 3,0000 maximum limit for non-Bancolombia customers.
To send a cash pickup to Bancolombia, all you need to do is:
- Select the ‘Cash Pickup’ service in the ‘Send to’ box on this page
- Set ‘Bancolombia and BBVA’ as the payout-network
- Enter the amount of cash you want to transfer and click ‘Send’
- Create an account if you don’t have one
- Select a person you’ve sent to before or add the details of a new recipient
- Choose how you want to pay
- You and your recipient will receive SMS and email notifications when the money has been sent and collected
How much does it cost to send money to Bancolombia?
We show you the low fees for our bank transfer and cash pickup services upfront so you can check you’re getting the best deal. There are no hidden charges so the price you see is the price you pay. We also have to convert your US Dollars (USD), British Pounds (GBP), Australian Dollars (AUD) and many more currencies into the Colombian Peso (COP) so the transfer can be made. To put more money in your recipient’s pocket, we offer more competitive exchange rates than you’re likely to find elsewhere