The simple way to make a bank wire transfer to Colombia
Use a computer, smartphone or tablet.
Make a money transfer to a Colombian bank account with Bancolombia. Transfers are usually credited the same day, and you can only make a transfer to personal accounts.
Important: For Bancolombia accounts to receive international money transfers, the person you’re sending the money to needs to activate Abono Automático with their bank.
Your recipient can activate Abono Automático by:
- Calling Bancolombia
- Accessing their online banking account
What is a bank wire transfer?
A bank wire transfer is a simple way to send money to a Colombian bank account, to help friends and family working or living in the country. The funds are usually credited to your recipient’s bank account the same day so they can access the money and make purchases within minutes.
With WorldRemit, you can make a money transfer to a Colombian bank account from more than 150 countries around the world. That includes the US, the UK, Australia and Canada. With our bank-beating US Dollar and GBP to Colombian Peso exchange rates and low fees, it’s one of the most cost-effective ways to transfer money.
How does it work?
You can send money to a Colombian bank account in minutes. Just follow these simple steps:
- Select the ‘Bank Deposit’ service in the blue ‘Send to’ box on this page
- Enter the transfer amount
- You’ll see the exchange rate you’ll receive and low fees upfront
- Enter your recipient’s details (you’ll need their full name, address, state name, account number, account type and mobile number)
- Pay online
- You and your recipient will receive SMS notifications once the funds have been credited
What are the limits for a bank wire transfer to Colombia?
You can send:
- USD 1,500 per transaction
- USD 6,900 per month (Bancolombia customers) or USD 3,000 per month (non-Bancolombia customers)
- USD 28,000 per year
Lower limits may apply depending on the country you’re making the transfer from and the payment type.