Send cash pickups to Bangladesh
See below for answers to your questions about sending money to Bangladesh via cash pickup.
Where can my recipient collect the funds in Bangladesh?
You can select from one of the following network options when creating a transfer:
Brac Bank, Social Islami Bank and Dutch-Bangla Bank Network:
- Branches of Dutch-Bangla Bank, Brac Bank or Social Islami Bank
When will funds be available to be collect in Bangladesh?
Usually within a few minutes. We may sometimes require further information from you before we can process the transfer in order to comply with our regulatory requirements. We will email you if this is the case.
What currencies can I send for cash pickups in Bangladesh?
Bangladeshi Taka (BDT) only.
How much can I send for cash pickups to Bangladesh?
The maximum amount (per transfer) which you can send depends on the network. Please see below for more info:
Brac Bank branches, Social Islami Bank and Dutch-Bangla Bank Network:
- BDT 500,000 per transfer.
There may be lower limits depending on the country where you are sending from and the payment method used to fund the transfer. Please see the relevant section in Payments for more info.
What information do I need from my recipient for cash pickups to Bangladesh?
- Full name. Please enter your recipient’s full legal name. It must match their valid, government-issued photo ID for them to successfully collect their funds.
- Address. We need your recipient’s city.
- Mobile number. We use this to send an SMS notification to your recipient with the transaction reference number which they will need in order to collect the funds. We will also inform them when their funds are ready to be collected.
- Sending reason. Please indicate whether it is “family or friend support,” “purchase of services,” “property payment,” or “sending funds to self”.
- Email (optional). We use this to email your recipient with details of the transaction. This is particularly useful in case they have issues receiving the SMS notifications.
Please ensure that all your recipient’s details are correct. Once you make your transaction, it is difficult for us to amend or stop the transfer, although we will always try our best to do so.
What should my recipient show when collecting funds in Bangladesh?
Brac Bank, Social Islami Bank and Dutch-Bangla Bank Network
- Valid photo ID. This must be one of the following:
- Bangladeshi passport
- National ID Card
- Driving license
- Foreign passport with visa or refugee card
- 8-digit transaction reference number. We will notify you and your recipient by email and SMS when funds are ready to be collected and send a transaction reference number. Please quote this when collecting the funds.